Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the 3's for DCM 11

Options
  • 03-07-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Ok it's DCM no. 3 in a row for me this year.

Previous times:

DCM '09: 03:56 (was aiming for sub 4)
    DCM '10: 03:43 (was aiming for sub 3:45)

I was delighted with these previous times and am looking to take it up a notch this year - secretly hoping for 03:30 but I think it will be a big ask. Given it's my third marathon, a time of 3:33:33 would be nice :)

A combination of niggles and lack of motivation scuppered my training between Jan and April and then I got injured doing the Conemarathon Half in April. But the body is in reasonably good nick now so it's time to knuckle down and keep myself honest via this training log!

I'm going to switch to a proper training program now as I find it easier to stick to than just running X miles per week.

Probably going to do HH intermediate 2.

To get the ball rolling, this weeks log:

MON: 4M
    WED: 6M
    THURS: 8M
    SUN: 6M
    TOTAL: 24M

Weekly Weigh In: 92kg - will need to drop a few kilos in the next few months if I'm to stand any chance of a 03:30!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

bless me father it's been 10 days since my last confession/log update.

Good start to the new log eh?

Anyhoo - needless to say not a great week 2 last week.

TUES: 3.5M
    WED: 4M
    SAT: 8M
    SUN: No run - hungover.com

TOTAL 15.5M

MUST DO BETTER!

A course of antibiotics this week didn't help either.

Weight: 92.2KG

Anyway back in the saddle this week with a lovely 9 miles this evening in the summer sun.

Looking forward to the 5M on Saturday.

another piss poor week's training only rescued by a better than expected finish in the 5M on Saturday.

Wed: 9M
    Sat: 5M (37:28 - 5M Race Series)

2 sessions missed this week - the 'ol hip has been niggling. Anything for a good excuse!

Hopefully the body plays nice this week and I can get 4 solid runs in. Started with an easy 4M this evening with no issues thankfully.

Gentle increase on mileage this week.

Must do better.

Weight: 92.2KG holding steady

much better week this week!

MON: 4M
    TUES: Weights
    SAT: 9M

TOTAL: 25M

The lower back is acting up a bit but I think it's just in shock! Hopefully it settles down next week.

The needle is finally moving a bit on the weight front too - down nearly 2kg to 90.4KG

Eating is a bit better plus no booze the past 2 weekends is definitely helping!

crap week last week - back is still acting up - will have to get to the PT this week and see if Ciaran can work his magic.

Total: 12M

must do better!

weight is back up a little too - 91.1 KG - Boo!

much better weeks training this week

MON: 7M
    WED: 8M
    THURS: 3M
    SAT: 10M

Total: 28M

Felt really fresh for the 10 miler yesterday, most enjoyable run for months. I lashed down a few times - something about running in the rain that I think makes me enjoy a run more. Anyway - back felt fine by end of week too - fingers crossed the energy continues as the miles build in August.

Weight is slightly up at 91.9 kg - blame the bank holiday!

• Advertisement

so i've fallen behind in my weekly updates for August - training has been so so - not as good I would have hoped for - combination of niggles with the back and a hectic work schedule. Here's to a better September. At this point I think I will be doing very well do get close to my PB from last year.

I finished August this evening with a slow 6M to bring a total of 93 miles for August - should be more but I'll take it given the circumstances. I've not done enough long runs to date so hopefully will get a few 13/14 milers in before the race series Half in September.

Weight is hovering around the 91-92kg bracket - hopefully will push this down under sub 90kg in September too.

Bring on September!

much better week this week:

MON: 9M
    WED: 6M
    THUR: 5M
    SUN: 13M

Total: 33M

First week of 30+ miles in a while. Legs were very stiff after the half today but feels good to be back on track. Weight still not budging below 91-92kg.

Here's to continued progress in Sept!

ok so i'll be honest - my training log got abandoned the past few months. A mixture of bad training, hectic work schedules and lingering doubts as to whether I'd actually make it to the start line for marathon number 3 all contributed. I managed to pull together a decent bit of training at the end of September and start of October culminating in a really strong 18 miler and a pretty strong 22 miler before entering a strong taper (just 6 runs in October :eek: - however I'm going for it on Monday. My left knee is a bit stiff but it's not going to stop me giving it 110% and hopefully I'll get somewhere near by pb of 03:44 from last year. Good luck to everyone on Monday - let's hope the weather holds out!

Advertisement