Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket money

Options
  • 03-07-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

How much do you give your child, if you do give them pocket money?

If you dont give them some, why?

What did you get as a chiild?

* I was chatting to a few kids today and told them that when I was a kid (in their eyes was a million years ago :() I used to get Sunday money, which was 50p till I was 12 and then it went up to £1....They found this hilarious lol

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Never got it as a child, and never going to give it to my children. If they want money they can earn it.

By the time I was 14 I was working outside of the home and earning my own money. Family rule was half of whatever we earned had to go into a bank account, then we could use the other half for whatever we wanted. Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

With my lads 50% of it is earned by doing tasks and the other 50% of it depends on their attitude plus they also get phone credit. They get €10 per week at the moment but sometimes they get more if there's something happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

I have 2 boys - 6 and 7 year olds. Their pocket money is €2 a week right now. It is earned by them doing little jobs around the house and their attitude as well (no excessive cheekiness etc). Generally they get to spend a euro at the end of the week buying a pack of sweets of a pack of football cards and the other euro goes into their piggy bank that we raid before summer holidays.
    Its only really such a small amount right now to get them used to the idea of earning some money, getting a reward and saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

my kids dont get any as such, however my lady does go horse riding and call credit here and there, and the boys get their sweets. depending on attitude/behaviour.

Up to the age of 14 i got around 2 pound a week. I started work at 14 and half of what i earned had to go to my mom and dad, for food/rent/electric and i had to buy all my own clothes n stuff aswell. Some weeks i could earn 70 pound but could earn up to 140 pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Don't get it they earn it.
    Or for example need phone credit well that hoovering the car etc.

Even the little lad (4yr) tidies up after himself for 50p

• Advertisement
Advertisement