Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed exams....

Options
  • 03-07-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Help!!
    i just failed my 3rd year science exams (i.e. i failed almost all modules).
    i know that if i do the repeat exams in august i can only get a maximum of 40% in each exam as the results are capped.
    i would ideally like to repeat the whole year as i know i can do much better and it would be too much to try and pass all the exams in august but does anyone know if the results are also capped if i repeat the whole year instead??? :/
    and also what are the fees for repeating a year? is it just the same as any other year??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Fisher Calhoun

greenbee wrote: »
    Help!!
    i just failed my 3rd year science exams (i.e. i failed almost all modules).
    i know that if i do the repeat exams in august i can only get a maximum of 40% in each exam as the results are capped.
    i would ideally like to repeat the whole year as i know i can do much better and it would be too much to try and pass all the exams in august but does anyone know if the results are also capped if i repeat the whole year instead??? :/
    and also what are the fees for repeating a year? is it just the same as any other year??
    Go talk to your Department, they'll put you straight! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

Go talk to your Department, they'll put you straight! ;)

Also, go to the SU. They're full of the right info.

I know that they used to have an internal repeat and an external repeat, which is gone now. These days, you just repeat the year, only the modules that you failed, and it's a fee of ~€900 I believe.

Also, I don't think your results are capped when you repeat the year. That would be too depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

If you fail an exam in NUIG and fail the repeat in August do you have to repeat the year or are you out.
    Is there one rule for all courses.
    If you have to repeat year do you lose free fees for the remainder of your studies or just one year
    What is the fee for repeating a year

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shmalentine

Double check about your results being capped. Almost certain all science repeats aren't capped any longer. This is definitely the case of youre doing General Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

What subjects are you doing? Repeats aren't capped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement