Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gáis Bill

Options
  • 03-07-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey :D

I just kinda wanted some help right i have Electric and Gas with these guys and i swear i paid the bill in May i live with my housemate him pays the bills under him name im renting a room from him and i swear my last bill was end of May are bills come every end of the month around the 20th anyway phone bill come as planned and i was sure the bills where coming end of july but he told me mid June they where coming end of june i have never heard of bills coming at the start of the month but not sure has anyone got them around now or you think it will be end of july when i get the bills :)

(Reason for asking Holiday in next few days if bills are coming need to put money aside but if not i have more to spend on Holiday)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

CupFudge wrote: »
    Hey :D

I just kinda wanted some help right i have Electric and Gas with these guys and i swear i paid the bill in May i live with my housemate him pays the bills under him name im renting a room from him and i swear my last bill was end of May are bills come every end of the month around the 20th anyway phone bill come as planned and i was sure the bills where coming end of july but he told me mid June they where coming end of june i have never heard of bills coming at the start of the month but not sure has anyone got them around now or you think it will be end of july when i get the bills :)

(Reason for asking Holiday in next few days if bills are coming need to put money aside but if not i have more to spend on Holiday)
    Gas and electric bills are usually every two months but you may get a gas bill one month and the electric bill the following month. You could also ask to see the receipt from when your housemate paid the last bill if you had concerns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CupFudge

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Gas and electric bills are usually every two months but you may get a gas bill one month and the electric bill the following month. You could also ask to see the receipt from when your housemate paid the last bill if you had concerns.

So if my bill normaly comes around the 20ish and normaly is every 2months that would mean it would come the end of july right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

CupFudge wrote: »
    So if my bill normaly comes around the 20ish and normaly is every 2months that would mean it would come the end of july right?
    Yes but if the bill arrived early in May your housemate may have forgotten it for a few weeks and not paid it or asked you for money for it for some time after, if that was the case then your next bill could be due at the end of June or early July. Can you check the issue date on the last bill? make sure you see the bills and the payment reciepts as you could be ripped off otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ask your housemate for copies of the bill. Do not hand money over without getting some proof of where the money is going.

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sometimes if you submit a meter reading you might get a revised bill. Maybe this happened?

• Advertisement
Advertisement