Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas driving test

Options
  • 03-07-2011 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭

Hi there hope someone can confirm this for me.

A friend decided to book his driving test in Naas as it was the one with the earliest appointment for him. Not too sure on where it is tho. He wants to pop up and have a drive about the place first. I don't live in Naas but pass by it a lot and sometimes do shopping there if it's on the way.

So it seems I should know the ins and outs of Naas by my friend for the above reasons lol. Anyhow I want to be defo sure this is where he is to go for his test. See attachment. I'd hate to think I'm bringing him there only to find out they are only instructors.

When I went for my test I had to go to local welfare offices so thought it might have been the same here.

The address on his email is:

Clarendon Buildings
    Newbridge Road
    Naas Co. Kildare

This seems to be what's showing up on google maps. Can anyone confirm this is the place for the testing? I will ring them tomorrow if I have to but it'll be nice to know soon enough to stop me searching :D

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MissAlex

Hi, from what I remember when doing my test, it's through the door to the left of the driving school and upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thats the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

MissAlex wrote: »
    it's through the door to the left of the driving school and upstairs.

Yep, that's it. Parking can be tight around there, if he gets a spot in front of the building make sure he reverses in like the cars in your photo. If there's no parking he'll have to pull in further up the road and walk back.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Cheers guys. He's gonna pop up today to take a look at the road. Will make sure to tell him to reverse in before the test and then drive forwards into one when he's finishing up just to make it easier on himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

not sure on that place...looks more like a school of motoring to me!

I did my test in NAAS in the outsourced NCT place. Thats futher out the Newbridge road in the industrial estate where Toughers is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yawns wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this is the place for the testing?

It is. I did my test there 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Right spot, done it there last week.

Cheers lads. I passed by it today when I was finished shopping in Tescos. I see what ya mean about reversing in for the beginning of test. Ferris did they take you through the town or the industrial park way?

I told my friend that they could bring him anywhere in Naas as it looks like a small enough town they'd cover most spots easily enough. Enough cul de sac areas around for getting him to reverse or through the town itself to see how he copes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It would be worthwhile doing a pretest with a driving instructor who knows the route.
    I did that and found it very useful.
    I was brought all over the town for the test btw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yawns wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I passed by it today when I was finished shopping in Tescos. I see what ya mean about reversing in for the beginning of test. Ferris did they take you through the town or the industrial park way?

I told my friend that they could bring him anywhere in Naas as it looks like a small enough town they'd cover most spots easily enough. Enough cul de sac areas around for getting him to reverse or through the town itself to see how he copes.

Definitely recommend reversing in, even at that its tough enough getting out - very steep! They brought me basically straight into the estate across the road at first then down through the town and up past the old tesco and back by the hospital. You're right though they can bring you pretty much anywhere in Naas.

I'd agree with the above poster about getting a pre test with an instructor who knows the route, I know a brilliant one who all the locals get, PM me if you want it!

• Advertisement

Nah the lad is fairly good at driving, he should be alright. He booked Naas due to it being the earliest he could get. Apparently there's a big waiting list. He should be able to cope reasonably well. Anyway no time for a pretest for him now, it's tomorrow :D

Advertisement