Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire HD Apps not Recognising/Reading Files on SD Card

• 03-07-2011 9:31pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ever since I upgraded to Gingerbread on my HTC Desire HD, I've noticed an odd issue - applications are not recognising files stored on my SD card after a certain period. However, it's not consistent: The phone will recognise files for a while and then, for some reason, no longer picks them up until I re-boot the phone.

For example, the Music player will initially load up all the music from both phone and SD card. A day later I could go back and only find the files on the phone itself. Ditto for photos stored and viewed through the Gallery app. If a ringtone is set to a file on the SD card, it will return to the default ring tone when it suddenly can't load files from the SD card.

Here's the weirder bit though: It doesn't appear as if the SD card is unmounted. Any apps stored on the SD card work fine. I can use a File Explorer on the phone and navigate to the files too (including viewing the photos and playing the music files directly). I'll just have to reboot the phone after a while to get the applications to recognise them.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen anything like this since updating to Gingerbread?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I had this intermittently on my regular Desire. I thought it was a phone issue but I've moved to a sensation over the weekend and moved the SD card and the issue is happening again. I think it's down to the card myself.

Advertisement