Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future yearly quayside party ideas

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I wonder how much of a contribution was made by the new motorway. We are a lot easier to get to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

On a visit to our workplace last week, the city manager Michael Walsh said that there are plans afoot to hold a Christmas festival in Waterford, starting in 2012.

I'd love my kids to see fireworks, but they're always on too late. A winter festival would mean fireworks earlier in the night, suiting parents and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

gscully wrote: »
    On a visit to our workplace last week, the city manager Michael Walsh said that there are plans afoot to hold a Christmas festival in Waterford, starting in 2012.

I'd love my kids to see fireworks, but they're always on too late. A winter festival would mean fireworks earlier in the night, suiting parents and kids.

Christmas, but not new years? I remember 2000, twas great.

Yeah, when the Quay is closed off its a great location for a festival, shame there is a toll on the bridge or we could close it more often.

Shame a lot of space on the quay is wasted on parking. We should find another location for parking, and convert the quay to a civic amenity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

This is what new ross is doing JFK Dunbrody Festival 2011 :D on 22nd, 23rd & 24th July

"Friday: Daniel Furlong & Alvin Stardust - Free
    Saturday: Jedward, Wonderland & Thunderstruck - €10
    Sunday: Mary Byrne & Showaddywaddy - Free

Les McKeons Bay City Rollers, Mother Monster Lady Ga Ga Tribute and Cry Before Dawn have been added, not sure what day for them yet.

Tickets on sale in St. Michael’s Theatre"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That must be the most dog-eared musical line up ever!

• Advertisement
Advertisement