Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 - Howth

Options
  • 03-07-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey,

Been on the 3 network for a while now and always had good signal in my house, but about 4/5 days ago i noticed messages not sending, signal being very weak. Any ideas, is there a fault with their howth network or anything? If this continues im going to have to change network.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Call 3.......1913
    Why ask the question here without asking them first???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I suppose in case someone else has had similar issues?
    Calling 1913 will get you nowhere, they will blame your handset, SIM card, edge of cell, vodafone 2G and if you've an iPhone also blame iOS, the antenna issue and your microSIM.

Try the Talk to Three section here on boards, they may be able to give you an idea of what's going on.
    It seems the free smartphone offers, all you can eat data and recent large jump in subscriber numbers have simply taken their toll on the network though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

'Do you have a bumper fitted?'

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Reason i posted on here before calling, was that i knew i i would get the answer i just got there off them. The indian on the phone asked me was i in the Uk or Ireland. Then when i told them my issue, first off they said "ok well just so you know, seen as you are not using a 3 mobile phone(Im using the san francisco), that they cant really help with my issue(which is odd seen as im pay as you go, not bill pay).

Then he said he coukd run through one or two basic steps, one was to manually pick the 3 network, which wasnt possible AS THERE WAS NO SIGNAL!. This he didnt understand. He then told me i should reset my phone as it was clearly a problem with my phone. Even though i have full signal everywhere apart from Howth.

So basically, Im none the wiser. He said he wouldnt report the problem as i wasnt using a 3 handset. So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Lash_Alert

Kensington wrote: »
    I suppose in case someone else has had similar issues?
    Calling 1913 will get you nowhere, they will blame your handset, SIM card, edge of cell, vodafone 2G and if you've an iPhone also blame iOS, the antenna issue and your microSIM.

Try the Talk to Three section here on boards, they may be able to give you an idea of what's going on.
    It seems the free smartphone offers, all you can eat data and recent large jump in subscriber numbers have simply taken their toll on the network though.

You were spot on. I nipped it in the butt fairly quickly by lying and saying a few of my mattes had the same issues (none of them are 3) but, he still said it must be my phone! Idiot

• Advertisement
Advertisement