Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten password

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've forgotten my password. I've clicked on the link asking for it to be sent to my email address but I've never received anything. I've also sent a mail asking about it & if it could be sent to a newer email addy but I've never heard anything back. It's not a major problem as such as my computer has it stored somewhere (that I can't find >:<) but I would like to access Boards on my phone so I kinda need it :-) Can you help?

Cheers,
    Catherine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

in your user cp you have the option to edit your password and email.

unfortunately you need the password to change this :)

have a look in your spam folder in your email account (you should be able to see which email address is currently registered in the control panel). If you have the option ,you could whitelist boards.ie and then request the password again.

LoLth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

On your browser at the top go to options-tools-security. There should be a button marked 'saved passwords'. Open that and then hit show passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    On your browser at the top go to options-tools-security. There should be a button marked 'saved passwords'. Open that and then hit show passwords.

If you are using firefox it's the opposite Tools>options>security>saved passwords :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I'm using a mac. I've done a search in Keychain with nothing listed for Boards there. I've also checked out the Autofill tab in Preferences in Safari but there's nothing listed there for Boards either. I'm now scared to log out ever in case I can't log back in... :-O ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

So I logged into my old account (Account 1) & cancelled the forwarding rules I had in place. Then I hit the button asking for my password to be sent on again. Lo & behold! my password appears!!! So it was some sort of a mix-up between my old & new email accounts :-) thanks a mil for all the suggestions!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement