Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curved Stair Lift Rental Cost?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know the approx cost of renting a curved starlift for a standard 3 bed semi in Dublin Area please? Any company recommendations would be greatly appreciated too.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

When you say 'rent', are you talking about some kind of temporary installation? I didn't think it was possible to install these lifts on a temporary basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I see this crowd do mention rentals on their website http://www.breffnimobility.com/

I haven't had dealings with them, but it does look like rentals are possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

If you are not sure that you need to go for a full stairlift this product is a very affordable alternative. We have just had one installed for my dad and its great, keeps him mobile.

www.helponhand.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 summit182

You cannot rent a curved stairlift in my experience, the rail would have to be bought outright and perhaps the carriage rented maybe but it would be not much different to buy a curved lift altogether, depending upon how long you need it for. You can rent straight lifts as the rails are universal for straight stairs but again it would depend on how long you need it for to see if it was a cheaper option than buying one outright.
    If the stairs has a flat middle landing, the straight one might be an option for the main part and maybe a handrail for the last few steps?

Advertisement