Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 DNS ERROR 8001000A

• 04-07-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been done, i done a search and found nothing!
    After struggling for the last couple of years with mobile broadband to use the PS3 i finally got proper broadband in.
    I got Digiweb DSL with a ZyXEL router. Everything works fine, laptop, i phones but when i try to log onto the PS3 i keep getting this dns error.

I have reset the PS3 and found the access point,but that was a struggle in its self. Basically im running out of ideas and most info on the net isnt helping.

The last time i had a problem setting the mobile broadband up a few people on here were able to help me as im far from good with this sort of thing.

Ps i have added the ps3 mac address to the router too but still no joy....

Any help is appreciated.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Make sure you assign an ip address to the ps3 on the router config page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Thanks for the reply, excuse my ignorance but what ip address do i use?
    192.168.1.1?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Are you doing this wired or wireless?

Wireless

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Wireless

Try wired, see where that gets you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, excuse my ignorance but what ip address do i use?
    192.168.1.1?

Thanks

Try something like 192.168.1.20 as 192.168.1.1 probaly is being used by your laptop
    Reboot everything when you do this and keep all other devises off turn router on first then ps3.

Also make sure NAT is on.

If all of those dont work you need to create a pinhole

I have tried that but the ps isnt picking up the ethernet cable.
    I was just testing wired but due to where the router is even if it did work i wouldnt be able to use it like that due to where i would have to run the cables.

are you in range? what comes up when you do the internet test on the ps3?

Sorry i should have said,
    First time i done the internet test i was on-line but needed to do an upgrade. Once i started this i lost the connection and dns error 8001000a came up.
    I reset the ps3 after trying to configure it from info off the net but couldnt get it to recognise the access point. When i reset it it recognised the signal and the green light was flashinh but after running the test it still came up dns 800 blah blah.
    Might get an xbox,surely the arent this much hassle!!!:mad:

Sorry i should have said,
    First time i done the internet test i was on-line but needed to do an upgrade. Once i started this i lost the connection and dns error 8001000a came up.
    I reset the ps3 after trying to configure it from info off the net but couldnt get it to recognise the access point. When i reset it it recognised the signal and the green light was flashinh but after running the test it still came up dns 800 blah blah.
    Might get an xbox,surely the arent this much hassle!!!:mad:

Took me a while its to do with the settings on your router. I dunno about xbox

Make sure you have
    1. ip address assigned to all (laptop, PS3, Etc)
    2. Turn off DHCP
    3. nat on
    4. Lower your security settings on the router so that a Pinhole can be formed through NAT (check your manual re NAT on the router) as this is what got me!
    5. You may have to open a port for PSN through NAT UDP ports. 3478-3480, 6672, 9750
    Long winded but recycle all when completed.

I will check my ps3 tonight for the correct ps3 settings once you can connect

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, i'll buy you a cyber pint if you can point me the right direction:D
    Will try to connect tonight

Cant log on. Jesus wept i feel like throwing the thing at the wall. Have added correct ip address for ps3 and mac address to router. Green light come on router to say its all good. Reset ps3 and it finds access point.
    At this stage im getting excited so do a test and same crap comes up again.
    Go through settings again and it cant find access point again.....
    Tried turning DHCP(What is this?) but connection went down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Did you get on to Digiweb to see if they could help?

Yeah got a girl, she told me to check with sony/forums.
    Might try them again because im turning into a nut job trying to sort this.
    Got a tip about DMZ but my router/moden dosent have one and im really lost with all the jargon.
    Anyhow im done for the night.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yeah got a girl, she told me to check with sony/forums.
    Might try them again because im turning into a nut job trying to sort this.
    Got a tip about DMZ but my router/moden dosent have one and im really lost with all the jargon.
    Anyhow im done for the night.....

Jesus, thats real helpful from Digiweb:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ok so you are connecting to your wireless ZyXEL router.

Questions :

1. What model of ZyXEL router is it ?
    2. What wireless security settings do you have ? WEP/WPA
    3. What version of PS3 firmware are you on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

hey ken .

i see alot of mention of ip address ,this is a dns server problem below is a post i made a while back when having a problem getting onto gran turismo,same error came up. try the below if you havent got it sorted already.

had this problem with gran turismo,its the dns server ,not sure how it works but something like some games dont like two servers or something .

i rang upc but they cant help ,because the dns is not a fixed thing with them it changes all the time ,so i googled the problem and there are sites around that will give you a dns address you can use i found one on a forum .

so all you do is go to network settings do all automatic ,but when you get to dns servers do this one manually and Change your Primary DNS on your PS3 to 204.50.103.151. i put this in and it works fine now .

or there is a site called imperium that gives out dns server addresses also

Thanks for that Metz, will try it when i get home. If it works as simple as that i'll be amazed but will try,

Also i will give the answers to your q's Edd.
    How do i know the ps3 firewall though?

Thanks again folks

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ok so you are connecting to your wireless ZyXEL router.

Questions :

1. What model of ZyXEL router is it ?
    2. What wireless security settings do you have ? WEP/WPA
    3. What version of PS3 firmware are you on ?
    Thanks for that Metz, will try it when i get home. If it works as simple as that i'll be amazed but will try,

Also i will give the answers to your q's Edd.
    How do i know the ps3 firewall though?

Thanks again folks

Firmware, on xmb, go to settings, system settings and system information.

For Ed,

Router is ZyXEL p-660HN-T1A Wireless ADSL
    Security is WPA2-PSK
    Firmware im not sure about, but from Fingers explaination would it be Version 3.65. On router i found 3.40(BFY3)

Hope this can lead to a few pointers-as simple as you can put it though im a bit of a numpty with this stuff;)

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

For Ed,

Router is ZyXEL p-660HN-T1A Wireless ADSL
    Security is WPA2-PSK
    Firmware im not sure about, but from Fingers explaination would it be Version 3.65. On router i found 3.40(BFY3)

Hope this can lead to a few pointers-as simple as you can put it though im a bit of a numpty with this stuff;)

Thanks again.

Have you tried metzengerstein's post?
    so all you do is go to network settings do all automatic ,but when you get to dns servers do this one manually and Change your Primary DNS on your PS3 to 204.50.103.151. i put this in and it works fine now .

mine went again,i think these dns addresses change after a while .but i found this site with free dns addresses and used the 2nd one down and hey presto .gran turismo started up so quickly

http://theos.in/windows-xp/free-fast-public-dns-server-list/

Did try but no joy,
    Rang digiweb again, told me to downgrade security to wpa/psk. This helped in the sense when i start the ps up it now recognises the access point, ip address and says its connected to the internet.....
    Then when i try to do anything internet based it drops again.
    Im thinkiing im close, was at it 4hrs last night(i must be mental) and she isnt too impressed lol!

I have tried putting ip and dns addresses in 'protocol settings in the network connections tab on the laptop.Got that tip from the web but i dont know if i should have done that.

Really running on empty now and appreciate any suggestions.

Would pay someone a few quid to fix this now lol!:D

its mad took me ages to fix it yetserday ,kept telling me no internet connection .but when i found that site .i went through internet settings and did custom and did automatic for all except dns server and i put in the two on that link and now its perfect .where ya based ken

Will try it tonight Metz

Heres hoping

Celbridge,Co Kildare. by the way. Have to say the connection for Digiweb is great for everything else so im really disappointed about this,

ok too far for me to come help,but hope you get it sorted .i know how frustrating it is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I'm in the same boat here as the orignal poster, same internet provider, cannot get the PS3 to go online.

Has anyone solved this problem at all?

Sorry mate im the OP and ive given up.
    Thanks to all the posters who have helped. At the moment im running a cable to the router but this isnt going to be possible come the winter as i means leaving doors ajar.
    Going to buy a different router and see if that works but i was getting ill trying to connect wirelessly-seriously not funny:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Mine won't even connect with an ethernet cable, it doesn't recognise it at all.

It picked up the wifi for about 10 seconds yesterday, then lost it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

danthefan wrote: »
    Mine won't even connect with an ethernet cable, it doesn't recognise it at all.

It picked up the wifi for about 10 seconds yesterday, then lost it again.

Im having the same issue, my original fat 60gb ps3 wont see wifi networks most of time now, and ethernet doesnt work.
    If i do a reset, I can see the wifi network enough to connect to it, but then it keeps dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Same problem here also, since I moved house and ISP a few months ago. Really irritating :mad:. I'm also using a ZxYEL router.

Would be interested in hearing if changing the router would solve the problems! I searched for threads on the subject and there is plenty of info on line but still dont know?
    Any Digiweb customers out there that use a different router than ZyXEL and have joy connecting wirelessly?

Well to get it out there, my modem is a zyxel p6600 hn-t1a ( i think from memory) and my connection is with magnet. Have some other modems at home, so may try another one with magnet settings to see if it improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Let us know how it goes. I'm with Magnet as well, so would be very interested in hearing if you manage to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, if there are many wireless connestions around your area then all will be running on similar channels. I have encountered this numerous times with the PS3 for some strange reason, go into the routers settings and where it has your SSID and all that there will be an option to change channels. Place it on Channel 11 (or higher) and see if that helps.

Just to close this off, i tried loads of different things with the zyxel, different wifi channels etc, got nowhere. Changed modem and worked straight away.

Result, what modem did you get because im going to get that same one!

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Result, what modem did you get because im going to get that same one!

Light at the end of the tunnel!

dlink dsl-2640b that my brother had spare. As long as its not a crap zyxel any would probably do :)

And so we roll on lol! I rang digiweb just to see if they would send a d-link, for free! They did, very nice of them but it was a broken one so another 45 mins on the phone and they agreed to send another one.

Only this time its a Thompson Technicolor TG582N.......

Im not even going to bother trying. If anybody out there has any previous with one of these please feel free to let me know if i should try it or not. Im all out of patience haha!

Probably have to buy one, and bets are that wont work either.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pollydelonge

hi - i have been having the same problem, is the solution just to get a new router? Any suggestions?
    Other WiFi enabled devices like iPads and iPhones also need to be reset when they are unlocked and connect to the wireless... Seems Zyxel routers are just a pile of ****

Yes new router will work. Im with digiweb and they sent out 2 routers to me. 1st was broke but second worked no problem So dont buy one, ring your provider and get them to send a different type. The problem is with the Zyxel router.

Advertisement