Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle pump as a weapon at concert!?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

I was going into one of the concerts at the Tall Ships Festival in Waterford at the weekend (great weekend,by the way) and I went through security, who checked my bag. They were taking cans off of people, which is fair enough.
    Anyway, I had a bicycle pump in my bag, as I had cycled into town. They confiscated the pump as it was a weapon!
    I could beat someone with shoes, but they weren't confiscated!:p

Has anyone else had anything unusual taken off them by concert security?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

did they take the bike too:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

did they take the bike too:confused:
    A bike is a formidable weapon!!

No, that was tied up somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I had my pride, dignity and virginity taken from me at a concert

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Maybe they thought you were gona blow something up.

I'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

They must have been afraid you were going to blow the hole off someone.

Usually its just drink that they confiscate. Bloody ridiculous taking a pump though. Maybe they thought you were going to inflate one of those joke hammers and belt someone over the head with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

B]They confiscated the pump as it was a weapon![/B]

Well you had no need of the bike pump inside the concert, of course you do when outside the concert and so they should have just held it for you.

At least it's a lesson learned, try to avoid bringing anything that isn't absolutely necessary unless you know it'll be allowed (I was at a concert once where they confiscated cameras, they didn't return them or anything just said you can leave with the camera or enter without it).

They must have been afraid you were going to blow the hole off someone.

Usually its just drink that they confiscate. Bloody ridiculous taking a pump though. Maybe they thought you were going to inflate one of those joke hammers and belt someone over the head with it.
    Being hit with a joke hammer is no laughing matter! :D

Seachmall wrote: »
    Well you had no need of the bike pump inside the concert, of course you do when outside the concert and so they should have just held it for you.

At least it's a lesson learned, try to avoid bringing anything that isn't absolutely necessary unless you know it'll be allowed (I was at a concert once where they confiscated cameras, they didn't return them or anything just said you can leave with the camera or enter without it).
    I hate that with cameras! Remember being at a gig that confiscated cameras, but were then selling disposable ones once you got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good thread for Gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

I hate that with cameras! Remember being at a gig that confiscated cameras, but were then selling disposable ones once you got in!
    Not many people can sell pics taken from a disposable camera to a newspaper.

I can totally understand the pump being removed to be honest. You might have good intentions, but security aren't to know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

They confiscated the pump action weapon!

And i should think so:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

The gig must have felt a bit flat without it . .

*runs*

They were worried I was gonna give everyone warts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

I had a set of jump leads taken off me once. Apparently the bouncer was afraid I was going to start something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Just be thankful you werent going through customs. I think a bicycle pump is now considered a weapon of mass destruction along with lipstick and Stinger bars.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I was going into one of the concerts at the Tall Ships Festival in Waterford at the weekend (great weekend,by the way) and I went through security, who checked my bag. They were taking cans off of people, which is fair enough.
    Anyway, I had a bicycle pump in my bag, as I had cycled into town. They confiscated the pump as it was a weapon!

Has anyone else had anything unusual taken off them by concert security?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13537084

nuff said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

CHRIST!! :eek:

I'm never going to use a bicycle pump again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

you shouldve hid it down the front of your jeans. :D

• Advertisement

you shouldve hid it down the front of your jeans. :D
    There wasn't enough room!

(I wish!)

Advertisement