Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motors ban

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got a ban from Motors. Someone said "I'm not being an asshole" I disagreed and said "you are being an asshole"... I PM'd -Chris- and he is not keen on lifting the ban. I simply disagreed with the post.

Here is the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056317148

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I was hoping to get the ban lifted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I've read over the thread, including the 5 posts you made, and the comments directed at the OP.

I particularly liked the one about "a jumped up, presumptions little cute hoer" ... although the "chancer" and "wide boy" ones were nice & succinct. The "asshole" one was a little unkind.

Ban is for three days / personal abuse / first time ... I think it's fair by the standards of the Motors forum. It could have been longer and still fair.

I see no reason for lifting/reducing the ban.

trout wrote: »
    I particularly liked the one about "a jumped up, presumptions little cute hoer" ... although the "chancer" and "wide boy" ones were nice & succinct. The "asshole" one was a little unkind.

Thanks, they are good references and fairly accurate! I was banned for disagreeing with the fella. He said "I'm not being an asshole", I said "you are being an asshole"... I am just not used to the subtleties of confrontational exchanges on boards as I am usually involved in threads helping people. but if I had quoted him saying "I'm not being an asshole" and said "you are" I would not have been banned.

I thing the banning is because of oversensitivity and disagreeing with the fella about the way he was being was fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Just to be clear - you weren't banned for disagreeing with the OP, you were banned for abuse directed at the OP.

You can disagree with people all day long, so long as you are civil about it.

There are not many forums on boards.ie where you'll get away with calling someone an asshole / chancer / wide boy / cute hoer ... all in the space of 5 posts.

I know, but I did it so well.

This is an epic travesty of "The Count of Mont Cristo" proportions, but I will take my punishment like a man. Thanks to you and Chris for your time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement