Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Bulmers

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Looking for cheap Bulmers. Anyone know any shops doing deals on cans at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

TheChevron wrote: »
    Looking for cheap Bulmers. Anyone know any shops doing deals on cans at the moment?

iirc tesco had a buy 2 of the multi packs offer on that was pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

not cans but Superquinn are doing 20bottles (330ml) for €20

Also I have seen some Spar's in Dublin have 12 cans for €13

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

O'Briens had 300ml bottles, I think €1 each but you had to buy a case. They also had litre bottles, I think it was 3 for €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

6 cans for 10 euro in Tesco

1.66 a can and that's good as it's normally at least 2.25 a can everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Last weekend in Dunnes in the Blanchardstown Centre I bought 24 cans for €30.

They were selling them 12 cans for €15. They are, or they were ;-) 500ml cans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They were 24 euro a slab in Tesco a few weeks ago OP, its over now thou :(

.......Time travel?

Horgan wrote: »
    They were 24 euro a slab in Tesco a few weeks ago OP, its over now thou :(

That could have been some kinda loss-leader stunt. My housemate tried to get them but they were sold out straight away. He asked when they would be back in stock at that price and was told they wouldn't be. :(

They were 24 euro a slab in Tesco a few weeks ago OP,
    Was this a 24x500ml slab though? most I have seen on offer in recent years are only 18 cans, and advertised alongside the 24 beer trays so many do not spot it at first.

rubadub wrote: »
    Was this a 24x500ml slab though? most I have seen on offer in recent years are only 18 cans, and advertised alongside the 24 beer trays so many do not spot it at first.

It was the 500ml's! just about all 500ml cans in Tesco were this cheap, it was the lead up to the June bank holiday weekend, obviously the Bulmers were gone 1st!

Still had Koppaberg, Heineken, Bud, Miller etc etc for a few days

rubadub wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they were. That's why it seemed like such a good offer at the time.

• Advertisement

TheChevron wrote: »

Have you tried Strongbow? its made by Bulmers, quite light too.

Hell of a lot cheaper thou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you want to buy a 2 litre, Devils Bit is 4 euro in Tesco. Usually 5.49 and around 6.49 in a Spar shop
    It's nice, has a strong taste and is made by Gleesons in North Tipp, they make Tipperary Water also

Bulmers aren't the only cider company in Tipperary :cool:

It was the 500ml's! just about all 500ml cans in Tesco were this cheap,
    It was the 24 crate too, which is a remarkably good price ever since bulmers simply upped their price to get rid of their knacker drinking image many moons ago.

This lad cleaned up!
    Kenny_D wrote: »
    Cheers. Great offer especially for the bulmers. Don't think I've ever seen it that cheap:

imag0008qm.jpg

And no.. it's not all for me :D

And yup, the perlenbacher in lidl is a nice beer too:

fxcam1295119229968.jpg

Have you tried Strongbow? its made by Bulmers, quite light too.
    Bulmers really stands out on its own, I would not even consider it a cider and it would not fall under the definition of a cider under some rules like CAMRA in the UK. It is more like an alcopop than a cider, tastes like cidona & vodka. Strongbow and a lot of the others taste quite similar.

Bulmers say their pear cider contains 100% pear juice, technically this means if can have very little pear juice and the rest can be water, sugar and flavouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

McGoverns Off Licence on Ballyhooley Road (Ballyvolane), Cork current doing case of 12 x 1lt Bottles for €35.

Advertisement