Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Pig Missing?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Folks,

A small black pig showed up around our place this weekend, between Sallins & Straffan.

Although I locked it into our garden she (pretty sure its a she) wasn't there this morning. She is tame.

If anybody knows who may own it please let me know as it cannot have gone too far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

oh can I have it please? if it turns up,

piggy1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    oh can I have it please? if it turns up,

piggy1.jpg

can I have an invite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

bring beer

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

Yes!
    His name is George and I think he belongs to the farm two houses up from me in Sherlockstown! I've been worried.

FYI he eats oats and chases horses. He was in my garden Sunday night and had been running around the area. Have you tried the guards?

Please let me know!

btw looks like this
    268702_2169220399027_1502240539_2285268_5596749_s.jpg

Also I think the owner knows about his escape because he called it out of our garden Sunday night although I never actually got to meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yes!
    His name is George and I think he belongs to the farm two houses up from me in Sherlockstown! I've been worried.

FYI he eats oats and chases horses. He was in my garden Sunday night and had been running around the area. Have you tried the guards?

Please let me know!

btw looks like this
    268702_2169220399027_1502240539_2285268_5596749_s.jpg

Also I think the owner knows about his escape because he called it out of our garden Sunday night although I never actually got to meet him.

So he is back with his owner then?

Thats good news.

• Advertisement

prospect wrote: »
    So he is back with his owner then?

Thats good news.

I don't know :( He was safe as of Sunday evening...but Sunday night he had escaped and was chasing horses again.

He has been seen since chasing horses in the morning this week but not by me

I don't know :( He was safe as of Sunday evening...but Sunday night he had escaped and was chasing horses again.

He has been seen since chasing horses in the morning this week but not by me

Oh feck.

Have you contacted the farm, is it the one that has the Bronze Turkeys? They really need to make more of an effort, we took him in off the road 3 times.

You are obviously living very close to me.

Oh feck.

Have you contacted the farm, is it the one that has the Bronze Turkeys? They really need to make more of an effort, we took him in off the road 3 times.

You are obviously living very close to me.

Obviously :D
    No it doesn't belong to the turkey farm. George was back in the garden this morning looking kinda skinny. I've heard through the grapevine that people have been contacted but he is just very hard to catch! :P

I do hope he gets taken care of soon. He's eating oats and drinking water if anybody reading this is feeling charitable! Hopefully he'll get home soon he's been wandering for a good week and Im afraid he'll get picked up by oxegen traffic or something ridiculous like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Im afraid he'll get picked up by oxegen traffic or something ridiculous like that!

Excellent idea!:D

Obviously :D
    No it doesn't belong to the turkey farm. George was back in the garden this morning looking kinda skinny. I've heard through the grapevine that people have been contacted but he is just very hard to catch! :P

I do hope he gets taken care of soon. He's eating oats and drinking water if anybody reading this is feeling charitable! Hopefully he'll get home soon he's been wandering for a good week and Im afraid he'll get picked up by oxegen traffic or something ridiculous like that!

PM Sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

This thread is epic.

Pig was safely re-homed on Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately he had picked up two rather nasty cuts to his shoulder, probably running through barbed wire, and he was looking very underfed.

He is now with 2 other pot bellies and eating like a horse, if that makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Unfortunately he had picked up two rather nasty cuts to his shoulder!

Maybe he wandered into oxegen.........:pac:

Pig was safely re-homed on Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately he had picked up two rather nasty cuts to his shoulder, probably running through barbed wire, and he was looking very underfed.

He is now with 2 other pot bellies and eating like a horse, if that makes sense!

Im so glad he's doing better! Thank you so much for taking care of George :)

Advertisement