Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary Concert

• 04-07-2011 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

This is taking place on the 1st and 2nd of October in the Royal Albert Hall. Got my tickets booked this morning, am so excited can't wait to see it. Ramin Karimloo is playing the phantom and Sierra Boggness is playing Christine. www.phantom25th.com for more details.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 owensutton1986

i saw the show recently in london and its just brilliant. when the chandelier falls is the best part..;-) Wow, what a score as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

I presume (and it's maybe a large presumption) that it will be filmed? It seems like a large expense for a 2 performance production. At the very least Mackintosh would surely need to film it for DVD and at the most do another live broadcast akin to Les Mis last year, just to make sure it doesn't operate at a massive loss. I can't see anything on the website, but that's presumably to make people buy the quite expensive tickets thinking they'll only be able to see it live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Rhalliord

AndrewJD wrote: »
    I presume (and it's maybe a large presumption) that it will be filmed? It seems like a large expense for a 2 performance production. At the very least Mackintosh would surely need to film it for DVD and at the most do another live broadcast akin to Les Mis last year, just to make sure it doesn't operate at a massive loss. I can't see anything on the website, but that's presumably to make people buy the quite expensive tickets thinking they'll only be able to see it live.

Yeah i'm asumming it will be on dvd , and hopefully the soundtrack will be on cd as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Will most probably be broadcast in HD to cinemas as was Les Mis last year - Movies @ showed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Will there be anything special added to the show for the anniversary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 veee

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiyero

Anyone going to see this in the cinema?

I am :)

Can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's sold out on all three screens :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Rhalliord

Was at this at the weekend. Was absolutely beautiful . At the very end the original cast came out and sarah brightman sang phantom of the opera with Colm wilkinson, John Owen jones , Anthony Warlow and some other guy I didn't recognise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Fiyero wrote: »
    Anyone going to see this in the cinema?
    It was already in the cinema, back in the 1920s!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Nolanger wrote: »
    It was already in the cinema, back in the 1920s!

One assumes they missed it first time round then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

It's out on DVD so there's no excuse!

Advertisement