Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 Killarney Darts Festival

• 04-07-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

2011 Killarney Darts Festival on October 14th. to 16th.
    At the Killarney Convention Centre/ Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney.

Programme of Events:

Friday 7.00pm: Pre-qualifying competition for John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic - 32 players to qualify for Sunday.

Saturday 12 noon: Ladbrokes.com Irish Masters

Saturday 5.00pm: PDC Unicorn Youth Tour

Sunday 12 noon : John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic Final + Silver Dart Ladies' Singles + Bronze Dart Youths' Singles {Under-18}

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Just wondering Dartgod will there be admission to the general public on the Saturday and will the players championship event be played behind closed doors on the Sunday as last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Just wondering Dartgod will there be admission to the general public on the Saturday and will the players championship event be played behind closed doors on the Sunday as last year?

Yes Dartboy there will be admission to the general public on ALL THREE DAYS of the Festival.

The Qualifiers on Friday, Irish Masters & Youth Tour on Saturday and the Pro Tour on Sunday will ALL be played on the ground floor in the Convention Centre while the Ladies' & Youths' Singles will be played in the Ballroom on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Dartgod wrote: »
    Yes Dartboy there will be admission to the general public on ALL THREE DAYS of the Festival.

The Qualifiers on Friday, Irish Masters & Youth Tour on Saturday and the Pro Tour on Sunday will ALL be played on the ground floor in the Convention Centre while the Ladies' & Youths' Singles will be played in the Ballroom on Sunday.
    That's great news Dartgod,lots of fans will be very happy about the Sunday.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    That's great news Dartgod,lots of fans will be very happy about the Sunday.

Yes, Dartbhoy, we are looking forward to a great weekend.

Anybody looking for entry forms please PM me with your name & address and I will send them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Looking forward to heading down this year after missing last years event 4 of us from the area going this year!!

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote: »
    Looking forward to heading down this year after missing last years event 4 of us from the area going this year!!

Great to hear that Carrickman - - entry forms are on the way to you.

Please spread them around Donegal !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Sorry to go off topic DG, any IPC dates floating around for us mere mortals that have to book weekend days off to possibly attend???

Dicie wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic DG, any IPC dates floating around for us mere mortals that have to book weekend days off to possibly attend???

Dates will be finalised b4 the end of month - - will start new thread then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭tamloc

Is Taylor coming this year?

tamloc wrote: »
    Is Taylor coming this year?

Too early yet to know who is coming but I will post here when I get any news.

• Advertisement

Entry forms and full details of prize funds, entry fees, rules, accommodation rates etc. are now available - http://www.dartsinireland.com/New/Gleneagle%20DARTS%202011_Layout%201%20(Page%2001).pdf-

Believe it or not - - entries are coming in already for the Festival !

A reminder to those travelling down to Killarney to book their accommodation as soon as possible.
    Early reports from the Gleneagle show a big demand for the apartments on the complex.

Accommodation bookings have been heavy over the past couple of weeks and at this stage more than 100 bedrooms and 40 apartments have been booked at the Gleneagle Complex for the darts weekend.

If anybody intends staying 'on site' at the Killarney Festival it is advisable that they get their booking done as soon as possible.

Contact Reservations at 064-6671550.

An addition to the programme at this year's Killarney Festival will be an exhibition in the Ballroon of the Gleneagle Hotel on Friday night, October 14th., at 8.00pm.

Peter Manley and Wes Newton will be appearing in the exhibition and tickets for the event are now available @ € 10 each.

Anybody seeking tickets or wishing to play in the ehibition should contact Joe Coyne @ 085-1596550.

Anderson and Whitlock to defend their titles

Gary Anderson and Simon Whitlock are two of the early entrants for the 2011 Killarney Festival and they will be heading to the Kingdom to defend the titles they won last year.

Anderson won the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic when he defeated Dennis Smith 6 - 1 in the final of the Pro Tour event and Whitlock won the Gleneagle Irish Masters with a 6 - 4 win over Phil Taylor in the final.

The 'Big Guns' are beginning to line-up for an attack on the Killarney Darts Festival.
    In addition to the players already mentioned the following have confirmed their entries for the 'Big Event' - - Michael van Gerwen, Jelle Klaasen, Vincent van der Voort, Paul Nicholson, Mark Webster, Ronnie Baxter, Jamie Caven, Andy Hamilton, Mark Walsh, Dave Chisnall and Peter Wright.

Watch this space for more news - - -

Four of us traveling down from Donegal this year just booked accommodation in the town this evening!

Four of us traveling down from Donegal this year just booked accommodation in the town this evening!

Looking forward to meeting up with you in the Kingdom !

PLEASE NOTE - - -

Players intending to enter directly into the John McEvoy 'Gold Dart' Classic Pro Tour on Sunday, October 16th., must have their entries in by Friday, September 30th., AT THE LATEST as the entries must be into the PDC before noon on Monday, October 3rd.
    Fees must be sent with entry forms - - NO TELEPHONE ENTRIES ACCEPTED !

Late entries will not be accepted and players not entered on time will have to go through the qualifying competition on Friday night if they wish to compete in Sunday's Pro Tour.

• Advertisement

Entry forms for the Killarney Festival will be available this coming weekend at the Tramore Autumn Festival at O'Shea's Hotel.
    Entries will also be accepted if players wish to save on the cost of postage, postal orders, cheques etc.

FINAL REMINDER - - Direct entries for the John McEvoy Gold Dart Pro Tour at the Killarney Festival MUST be in by Friday next, September 30th., as they must be with the PDC on Monday next, October 3rd.

NO EXCEPTIONS - NO TELEPHONE ENTRIES

Who is confirmed so far. Is Taylor or any of the "Big Boys" coming?

Who is confirmed so far. Is Taylor or any of the "Big Boys" coming?

No news on Phil Taylor yet - - he has up to Monday next to enter with the PDC.
    Go back to post 18 and you will see a list of the 'early birds' from the PDC that have entered.
    The full list of PDC members entered will be available early next week and I will post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

FINAL REMINDER - - Direct entries for the John McEvoy Gold Dart Pro Tour at the Killarney Festival MUST be in by Friday next, September 30th., as they must be with the PDC on Monday next, October 3rd.

NO EXCEPTIONS - NO TELEPHONE ENTRIES

sent mine away today hopefully should be in your letter box by monday. my first time going down to this event and cannot wait have heard nothing but good things and a long weekend of darts whats not to like

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

For anyone who hasn't booked already and are booking the Gleneagle, book via the Gleneagle website and don't go near calling them at reservations or you'll be caught to pay 110 a head for 2 nights. I booked a room online earlier for 2 nights for 252 b&b for 3 of us(family room 2 singles and a double. you can also get a treble room with 3 singles for the same price). When ya ring reservations they ask ya are ya there for anything and if ya say darts they give ya the 110 a head price so wed a been paying 330 for what we actually got for 252. id rather pay 84 instead of the 110 for the very same thing breakfast an all. those 26 euros worth of pints will taste all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Is it the 6th thats the closing date for entry to the qualifiers and masters? Just had the weekend open up all of a sudden so now I can head to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

I think you can enter the Friday qualifier on the nite before half six, if thats what you mean.

Can anybody point me in the direction of info about the dress code ? does that include the Friday tournament ?

padr81 wrote: »
    Is it the 6th thats the closing date for entry to the qualifiers and masters? Just had the weekend open up all of a sudden so now I can head to this.

Yes padr - - get the entries to me before next weekend and you will be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 geraid

jus put my entry form and fees for de john mcevoy pre qualifying and irish masters dartgod hope dares no delays in post tink i shud be ok cant wait now happy wit my game won a comp yesterday so happy out see you in killarney

geraid wrote: »
    jus put my entry form and fees for de john mcevoy pre qualifying and irish masters dartgod hope dares no delays in post tink i shud be ok cant wait now happy wit my game won a comp yesterday so happy out see you in killarney

Thanks Ger - I will let you know when Postman Pat finds his way from Tipperary to my house !

stylie wrote: »
    I think you can enter the Friday qualifier on the nite before half six, if thats what you mean.

Can anybody point me in the direction of info about the dress code ? does that include the Friday tournament ?

Wrong there, Stylie, on the entries for the qualifiers - - entries must be in and paid for not later than this coming weekend.
    NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE VENUE ON FRIDAY NIGHT!

Players entered in the qualifiers must register at the venue between 5.00pm and 6.30pm. The competition will commence at 7.00pm Sharp.

The DRESS CODE will apply to ALL competitions at the Festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Yes padr - - get the entries to me before next weekend and you will be OK.

cheers DG, it'll be in the post in an hour.

Entries have now closed for the Pro Tour event on Sunday, October 16th.

56 Irish non-PDPA players have now entered directly into the Pro Tour and they will be joined by the 32 Irish qualifiers from Friday night's pre-qualifying event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

So you get the entries in for Thursday, and then the registration on the night is just to show you have turned up ?

• Advertisement

stylie wrote: »
    So you get the entries in for Thursday, and then the registration on the night is just to show you have turned up ?

Correct, Stylie, - - if you don't register at the check-in desk before the specified time you will not be allowed to compete.

geraid wrote: »

Postman Pat arrived Ger. See you in the Kingdom !

padr81 wrote: »
    cheers DG, it'll be in the post in an hour.

That's a fast postman you have up there in Mayo, padr.
    Entries arrived this morning - - see you in Killarney !

Entries for the Irish Masters have now hit the 300 mark with 136 players in for the Pro Tour pre-qualifying tournament on the Friday night.

Entries will be accepted before 6.00pm on Sunday next, October 9th., at the City West Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 geraid

Postman Pat arrived Ger. See you in the Kingdom !

good stuff dartgod see u dare den for a gr8 weekend

• Advertisement

Just a reminder to all players wishing to compete in the Ladies' Singles and Youths' Under-18 Singles on Sunday, October 16th., - NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY!
    Players must be entered in advance.

Have you a list of the pro entries Dartsgod?

Have you a list of the pro entries Dartsgod?

List of entrants for the John McEvoy Gold Dart Classic Pro Tour - - -
    http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~2478337,00.html

This is the schedule for the weekend - - -

Friday, October 14th.
    Pro Tour pre-qualifying competition
    Register between 5.00pm and 6.30pm. Starting at 7.00pm.

Saturday, October 15th.
    Irish Masters
    Register between 9.30am and 11.00am. Starting at 12 noon.

Youth Tour
    Register between 3.00pm and 4.00pm. Starting after Irish Masters.
    Players will require proof of age.

Sunday, October 16th.
    Pro Tour

Ladies' and Youths' Singles
    Check-in at 11.00am - starting at 12 noon in Ballroom.
    Youths must be under-18 on the day.

STRICT DRESS CODE APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS IN ALL EVENTS

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

This is the schedule for the weekend - - -

Friday, October 14th.
    Pro Tour pre-qualifying competition
    Register between 5.00pm and 6.30pm. Starting at 7.00pm.

Saturday, October 15th.
    Irish Masters

Youth Tour
    Register between 3.00pm and 4.00pm. Starting after Irish Masters.
    Players will require proof of age.

Sunday, October 16th.
    Pro Tour

Ladies' and Youths' Singles
    Check-in at 11.00am - starting at 12 noon in Ballroom.
    Youths must be under-18 on the day.

STRICT DRESS CODE APPLIES TO ALL PLAYERS IN ALL EVENTS
    Hey Michael what's the format for the qualifiers best of ?

Best of 7 legs 501.

See ye tomorrow evening folks four of us hitting the road at 9am from Donegal really looking forward to this after missing last years event!

See ye tomorrow evening folks four of us hitting the road at 9am from Donegal really looking forward to this after missing last years event!

See you at the bar, James.
    Mine's a Pepsi !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Smul

What's the story with the dress code??? Will we get in with costumes? As spectators like!

Any updates?

• Advertisement
Advertisement