Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of installing fire stove

Options
  • 04-07-2011 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I had a plumber looking at my fire place at the weekend. I wanted a quote to insert a stover to heat the radiators. If I bought the stove myself he qouted a price of €700 to do it. I asked him what was involved and he said that he would be running a flue up the chimney and taking a pipe to the cylinder in the hot press and there would be a pump installed there. When I got to thinking about this, €700 sounds like a lot for this. Has anyone else done this and what did it cost them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

A pump could be 200, the flue could be 200 so it sounds like a good price to be honest as there is quite a bit of work to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

thanks mistermister. puts my mind at rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 purplerain1

hi i am looking to get a stove that will heat approx 12 rads and hopefully into excisting fireplace.A stove shop recommended the boru chieftan stove and told me this will do the job.Has anybody had a chieftan put in and are you happy with it any info would be appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Is he running the flue all the way up the chimney? or just connecting the stove flue to the existing chimney. If the former make sure he uses the correct grade of flue liner. I got a similar job done recently and tbh 700 sounds cheap, does it include materials? I moved my old stove to a different room and put in a new external flue which cost over 600 by itself!! Then put in a new stove with backboiler, pipework and new cylinder.

Advertisement