Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Airport open day

Options
  • 04-07-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I saw Galway Airport had a booth in Eyre Square shopping centre, they are having an Open day day this coming Sunday (July 10th)

They have helicopters, hot air balloons, fire trucks, and all the usual kids entertainment things on offer. And its all free!

Found the link on their website:
    http://www.galwayairport.com/about/GALWAY_AIRPORT_FAMILY_DAY_/56

Havn't seen any of advertising in the Advertiser or G.Independent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Will you still have to pay that "parking fee" to get into the airport?

Any airport who tries to make a quick buck out of people dropping friends/family to the airport doesn't deserve to stay in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crashvictim

Will you still have to pay that "parking fee" to get into the airport?

Any airport who tries to make a quick buck out of people dropping friends/family to the airport doesn't deserve to stay in business.

I couldnt agree with you more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There's something ironic about staging an 'Open Day' when you're facing closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

mmm i asked a similar question, they said its free park and ride from the racecourse with a shuttle bus provided up to the airport.

The first 15 mins have always been free when im dropping someone off at the airport. They are offering free parking for all passengers up to the end of July too.

I suppose they are just trying to get people to see the airport and hope some new people will be persuaded to use the airport in the future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crashvictim

PILOT wrote: »
    mmm i asked a similar question, they said its free park and ride from the racecourse with a shuttle bus provided up to the airport.

The first 15 mins have always been free when im dropping someone off at the airport. They are offering free parking for all passengers up to the end of July too.

I suppose they are just trying to get people to see the airport and hope some new people will be persuaded to use the airport in the future :)

I'll stick with Knock thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

bloody hell:eek: at least they are trying to do something about it. they dont have to do''open day''. i say keep the jobs in galway and suport the local people.:)

Last time I was out there it was 5 minutes before you got stung for 2 euros.

I was just dropping one of the girls from my house out, so i made her jump from the moving car:D. But if you were going for the emotional goodbye with the significant other/ family you'd get stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

On a side note...I find it odd that and airport website would use a picture of boats as the background. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I saw Galway Airport had a booth in Eyre Square shopping centre, they are having an Open day day this coming Sunday (July 10th)
    Havn't seen any of advertising in the Advertiser or G.Independent?

There's an article in the Connacht Sentinel (small, low circulation paper that comes out on Tuesdays: people use it to bury news that they don't want too widely seen).

It's kinda cute that people going to the open day can get there totally by bus (details), but people going on other days as passengers almost certainly can't.

Perhaps we should ask them if the shuttle bus could be a permanent thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Perhaps if the airport board had moved out to the site in Oranmore 10 years ago, then this discussion would not be taking place. Knock seems to be the new Shannon and Galway Airport is not at the races, courtesy bus or no courtesy bus.

• Advertisement

dec25532 wrote: »
    Perhaps if the airport board had moved out to the site in Oranmore 10 years ago, then this discussion would not be taking place. Knock seems to be the new Shannon and Galway Airport is not at the races, courtesy bus or no courtesy bus.

is funny because shuttle bus is going from the races!!!!

If you're in galway city, its easier to go to dublin airport by bus that galway, and if you're outside the city, there's no point in driving in the city to get scorched for parking.

Advertisement