Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treadmill advice please

• 04-07-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

In the past couple of months I have taken my weight and started to kick it's ass, and walking has helped me greatly in this endeavour. However I am thinking to the winter months and know I won't get outdoors too much for my daily walk so I am thinking of getting a treadmill for those days. I don't have a huge budget, €500 ish max. I won't be running on it, just walking.
    Argos have a sale on some of their treadmills at the moment - this one in particular is calling to me as it so suits my budget - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3357695.htm
    Anyone able to advice me if that would be ok for occasional use? Or perhaps have another reccomendation please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

lots of treadmill info here

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Thanks Raycun, yeah I've spent the morning reading that thread before posting my own message and then reading the reviews in Argos etc and I'm as wise as ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sue1969

Hi Caros, I have a York Treadmill for sale if interested let me know. Its about 8 months old.Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Congratulations on getting out there and walking. Keep it up.

Personally, if I were you, I would not be buying treadmill in July because you might want it in December.

I would recommend keeping it up all Winter. Walking in winter is great in all weathers. Wrap up against the weather and get out there. Its so much healthier. You might even enjoy it.

Walking on a treadmill is soul destroying.

huskerdu wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting out there and walking. Keep it up.

Personally, if I were you, I would not be buying treadmill in July because you might want it in December.

I would recommend keeping it up all Winter. Walking in winter is great in all weathers. Wrap up against the weather and get out there. Its so much healthier. You might even enjoy it.

Walking on a treadmill is soul destroying.

Indeed I'm not keen on walking on a treadmill 100% of the time but I am trying to think forward to December onwards when my usual 2 hour round trip to work turns into up to a 4 hour round trip!

• Advertisement

Sue1969, I sent you a PM, did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sue1969

Hi Caros, so sorry I didnt get a chance to reply yesterday. I actually sold it yesterday - it was collected too. I am in Dublin anyway so way too far. I hope you get what you want!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I bought my treadmill in Elvery's 2 years ago. They often have great sales on their gym equipment so maybe keep an eye out for that. My treadmill was €550 delivered. It has been a lifesaver for me when I need to run but cant get out of the house for babysitting reasons or when the roads are too icy in winter. Nothing beats exercising outdoor but when needs must a treadmill* is better than sitting on your backside doing nothing.

*Even though its boring in the extreme:)

Advertisement