Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish removal

• 04-07-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all I have three single mattresses an old tumble dryer and a broken old chest old drawers to get rid of. Whats my cheapest option.? I could get s skip for 200 and I could probably do a clear out and fill it up a bit and their big ben bags for 65 euro but I am not sure if everything would fit in to that. Ideally I would like to get rid for no more than a hundred euro. Any suggestions ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

You can get rid of the tumble dryer and chest of drawers for a fiver at the recycling centre on the dock road just past the cement factory. http://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/
    They don't take mattresses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

you can get rid of the matresses at the general refuse near Shannogolden. the cost is about 15 euro per 100 kilo and three matresses weight a lot less than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

How bout a man in white van??? how much u willing to spend???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

How bout a man in white van??? how much u willing to spend???

As little as possible is the answer there and I really would want this stuff disposed of responsibly. I suppose I could get a few quotes from the more reputable guys ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The tumble dryer can be recycled (pretty sure for free) in a WEEE recycling centre. Contact your local council to find out where you can put it - don't just dump it into a landfill. Some local councils have facilities to recycle bulky items (e.g. Meath Council have 3 spots you can put the mattresses for recycling, double mattress for €15).

You can break up the chest of drawers and keep it for firewood, winter's not going to be warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You can bring the tumble dryer and any other electrical item to the Hegartys recycling plant on the tipperary road and dispose of it for free, its an excellent service go there every few days myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

Thanks for the suggestions . I will take the dryer myself but would not be able to fit the mattresses in the car myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You could ratchet strap to the top of the car and bring to Shanagolden.

Advertisement