Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 Luftwaffe service medal

Options
  • 04-07-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Ever since I was a kid I was always fascinated by the WW1 and WW2 airwar. Especially WW2. I have been after a WW2 airmedal for some time but the Allied ones are quite expensive especially if from the Battle of Britain. But in my waiting for something to come up I came across this WW2 Luftwaffe Four Years of Service medal. Now while highly unlikely that it was awarded to a pilot as surviving for 4 years would be unlikely, and as in any airforce the pilots are by far in the minority, but still Luftwaffe.

This medal was also awarded to the Wehrmacht but the swooping eagle clutching the swatiska denotes the Luftwaffe.

Medal1.jpg

Medal2.jpg

Medal3.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Never mind the medal, would that be a King Edward cee-gar I see before me :D

Excellent photos, very impressive service medal!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭MedalFuhrer

A King Edward stogie indeed! ;)
    Not the prettiest of medals but I had to have a WW2 airmedal! I will put it with my RAF medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Nice one! May we see a picture of pin system as well please:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭MedalFuhrer

Thanks.

The pin but upside down.

DSC_0758.jpg

Advertisement