Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships - Well Done Waterford City

• 04-07-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Just like to say that I attended the Tall Ships over the weekend and would like to say "Thanks and Well Done" to all involved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Hear hear, brilliant festival, and terrific organisation.

All the basics done right, enough food, enough toilets, bins emptied, litter pickers on the streets, good signposting, plenty of security/civil defence, those little green wristbands for kids where the parents could write their mobile number.

Really top class... if you attended that in Sydney, Barcelona or San Francisco, you'd be raving about it when you got back and wondering why can't the Irish do things properly... well take a bow Waterford and all the team who ran the TSR 2011 - a fantastic job!

Tons of these all weekend! -> :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

fricatus wrote: »

All the basics done right, enough food, enough toilets, bins emptied, litter pickers on the streets, good signposting, plenty of security/civil defence, those little green wristbands for kids where the parents could write their mobile number.

Really top class... if you attended that in Sydney, Barcelona or San Francisco, you'd be raving about it when you got back and wondering why can't the Irish do things properly... well take a bow Waterford and all the team who ran the TSR 2011 - a fantastic job!

Tons of these all weekend! -> :D:D:D:D

What a fantastic idea those were! So simple yet so effective and a bit of reassurance for parents as well.

Fantastic weekend, personal highlight for me was getting an invite onto The Sorlandant for a drinks and canapes evening on Friday. Great night had on a wonderful ship.

As many many others have said the organisation throughout was outstanding, the fact that there are no negative comments says it all (especially considering how much of a bunch of moaners we can be)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

fricatus wrote: »

Really top class... if you attended that in Sydney, Barcelona or San Francisco, -> :D:D:D:D

what would it have been like if it had been peeing rain for the weekend? In San Fran, Barca or Sydney, you are almost guaranteed the weather depending on the time of year.

What's this I hear about some fisticuffs on Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

seachto7 wrote: »
    what would it have been like if it had been peeing rain for the weekend? In San Fran, Barca or Sydney, you are almost guaranteed the weather depending on the time of year.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

To quote the Tayto ad, there's always one. :) Outstanding work and congratulations to all involved.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

:confused::confused::confused:

jayboi wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Have we all being hooked here, Jayboi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Have we all being hooked here, Jayboi!!!
    I have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

I was in town on saturday night, and from a sober perspective, looking back on it in ten years time all i will remember will be the awful smell of sh**e down in Red Square and the pungent smell of urine up by the apple market. Nearly vomited, it was so bad!

tom thum wrote: »
    I was in town on saturday night, and from a sober perspective, looking back on it in ten years time all i will remember will be the awful smell of sh**e down in Red Square and the pungent smell of urine up by the apple market. Nearly vomited, it was so bad!

Just as well you didnt then or we'd have someone on complaining about the smell of puke in Johnstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

tom thum wrote: »

Well if you had something good to say about anything I'd probably fall over from the surprise. People from all over the country have been praising the city so I think I'll choose to ignore your delicate stomach and focus on the positives.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Well if you had something good to say about anything I'd probably fall over from the surprise. People from all over the country have been praising the city so I think I'll choose to ignore your delicate stomach and focus on the positives.

Hold on, maybe he was suffering from incontinence:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Hold on, maybe he was suffering from incontinence:eek:
    Must be all that exotic incontinental food. He should have stuck with blaas and red lead. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Might get shot for this :D but am I the only one who finds the tall ships a wee bit over rated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

But it didn't rain now did it?

The organisers had the good sense to have the Déise Snow Shield converted to a rain shield for the weekend, and I'm grateful to them that they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

deisedave wrote: »
    Might get shot for this :D but am I the only one who finds the tall ships a wee bit over rated?

Yes

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I agree with tom thum, the only thing that was missing from the facilities was that all the public toilets were concentrated on the quays.
    I cant really speak for red square but I was in the apple market late sat night and the pubs were so full that if you did want to go inside to take a leak then you'd possibly not get in. By 4am the lane beside the kazbar smelled like a public toilet from the eighties.

Great festival otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

In San Fran, Barca or Sydney, you are almost guaranteed the weather depending on the time of year.

Yeah right! :rolleyes:

I'll give you Barcelona there, but in San Fran there's always fog - when I was there it was sunny, and people were telling us how lucky we were that the weather was good when we arrived.

And I was in Sydney a couple of months ago and it did nothing but p155 rain.

Seriously, some people can find nothing but bad things to say. If you're saying "ah well, ya can never garantee de weddor in Waurford buoy!", then you're clutching at straws. My point was that the scale of the event, and the sheer quality of every aspect of it, was world class... and this on our doorsteps in Waterford. I'm sorry to burst your little whingy bubble there, but it was a class act from start to finish, and I'm very proud of our city for what has been achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Just wanted to add my words of thanks to all involved in organising the weekend. Carparking and bus transfers were well organised, a special thanks to whoever thought of putting portaloos in the red carpark. Plenty of bins and people picking up litter, had something to eat from a couple of stalls and the food was first class. Not a bad word to say about any part of the day.

Waterford looked extremely well, the ships were breathtaking and crews welcoming to all.

WELL DONE TO ALL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Travelled from Galway for the weekend and we had a great time, I was here the last time also but this time around the event was outstanding. Well done to the organisers and Waterford City for putting on a great show I could not fault a single thing from the hotel to the Tall Ships.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

was down on thursday and again on sat - Dunmore East on sunday - really enjoyed the festival - great craic and so well organised!! this should be the bar for any other events organised in the region.
    Congrats to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

very much enjoyed it great time had by all regards brian

kids loved it especially getting pic taken with avatar and the other girls on stilts ..... wonderful ... well done to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

kids loved it especially getting pic taken with avatar and the other girls on stilts ..... wonderful ... well done to all

Avatar? Was that the girl in blue on stilts...the only one walking alone?

Did anyone see the arse on her? Jesus, it was a sight to behold!!

gscully wrote: »
    Avatar? Was that the girl in blue on stilts...the only one walking alone?

Did anyone see the arse on her? Jesus, it was a sight to behold!!

hehehe dont get me started mate like i said enjoyed by all hahahaha:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭They Lost?! Those Losers!

Fantastic weekend.

Well done to all involved.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

deisedave wrote: »

What were you expecting? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

kfallon wrote: »
    What were you expecting? :confused:

taller ships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

taller ships

Some people are never happy, you'll do some giving out when the 'Small Ships' comes to visit next year :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Well it didn't rain and we're not called the sunny south east for nothing.

Advertisement