Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 problem.

Options
  • 04-07-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with browsing the net with the LG. Mine works perfectly over wifi but when using Vodafone Live it's very hit and miss. Sometimes it can be extremely slow, sometimes just won't work at all and sometimes it works fine.
    I asked for advice on APN settings in the Bargain Alerts forum when I bought phone first and set it up as follows. APN is set to live.vodafone.com and username and password are left blank. Network selection is set to automatic and data and 3G connection are set to on.
    I've never really used a smart phone before so am not sure what I should expect but one day I was with someone with an iphone and went to google something. They had it instantly but I was picking up nothing.
    Not sure whether my problem is the phone or vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

What was your reception like, did the signal bar show 3G or H on it. I've had no problems using 3 on mine, in fact it seems to be faster than my wifi lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

From my experience, I'd guess that you've just got a crappy signal. My Optimus is superfast when I've got a 3G signal, but I rarely have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Depends on the strength of the signal. You are simply stepping in and out of 3g areas presumably/.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Could very well be the problem..........thanks. Will keep an eye on it next time I have problems.

Btw i'm a new/happy Optimus 7 user;)

• Advertisement

Btw i'm a new/happy Optimus 7 user;)

How are you finding it so far?

Have you stuck Mango on it yet?

Great phone for the price! :D

AntiVirus wrote: »
    How are you finding it so far?

Have you stuck Mango on it yet?

Great phone for the price! :D

No mango yet! Don't want to ruin it! Maybe when a more complete release comes out i'll give it a shot.

Loving it. Best phone i've ever had! Lightning fast, very stable and it's one slick OS. Best bargain alert ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Loving it. Best phone i've ever had! Lightning fast, very stable and it's one slick OS. Best bargain alert ever.

Fully agree. Delighted with it. Looking forward to the Mango update. A bit nervous to start messing with it yet though. Seems to be hungry on battery but if I'm in not great coverage a lot of the time, could explain that.

No mango yet! Don't want to ruin it! Maybe when a more complete release comes out i'll give it a shot.

If you love it now, you are going to love Mango! It makes its a hell of alot better than it already was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 fgaff

Can anyone advise on this. Did all the steps posted here & on the the Lg Optimus thread posted by AntiVirus. Thanks for all the pointers. Succeeded in unlocking my new Lg Optimus, installed touchxperience, installed flash light etc. The problem I have is this. Although I am showing as connected via usb in WPDM showing the name & software version. Model & OS version are not showing. The large image of where the phone should be is just a white outline. If I try to sync or to explore files & folders it just trys to connect but then returns saying unable to connect to the phone. The model of the phone is still not recognised. Please help it is driving me mad!

• Advertisement

fgaff wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on this. Did all the steps posted here & on the the Lg Optimus thread posted by AntiVirus. Thanks for all the pointers. Succeeded in unlocking my new Lg Optimus, installed touchxperience, installed flash light etc. The problem I have is this. Although I am showing as connected via usb in WPDM showing the name & software version. Model & OS version are not showing. The large image of where the phone should be is just a white outline. If I try to sync or to explore files & folders it just trys to connect but then returns saying unable to connect to the phone. The model of the phone is still not recognised. Please help it is driving me mad!

Check your app list on the phone to see if TouceXperince is installed. If it is, try running it and then conntecting your phone to your pc and run WPDM. Also make sure Zune is running.

If it's not installed on your phone, try reinstalling it with your phone hooked up to your pc with zune running.

Thnx for the fast reply! Yes it is one my app list, I have already done what you suggest but still the same old story. It is wrecking my head! As I type this WPDM is telling me my phone (by name not model) is connected yet on touchxperience on my phone it is saying usb connection not plugged in! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jsut check that you have installed the .Net framework 4.0

Are you running the Mango version of wp7? Also try connecting using Wifi only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'm also having a few issues... I got mine also from the bargain alerts. ;)

I cant download any apps from the marketplace using 3G connection - It always says "Attention Required. Tap Here". I havnt tried using WiFi connection yet

Then when I tap on the app to download - "Cant access this now, try again in a little while"

So I havn't been able to download any of the apps. I also have an iPhone and have no issues with 3g connection in my area.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Also can the 3g strength be displayed on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Have 3G connection now but can't get online or do anything..

What's the correct apn settings for vodafone?

Yes have .net installed. not mango. have now touchxperience on my phone. When i try to sync anything on WPDM. keep gettng the message unable to launch touchxperience.
    Is touchxperience a seperate download from WPDM. Thanks for the help so far it has helped...

Advertisement