Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely new to this

Options
  • 04-07-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I want to start up a website, but I've never done it before.

So rather than jumping in and messing it up, I was wondering if there's anything I should know before hand, or that would make the process easier in setting up and hosting with blacknight.

Comments

Hi There,

In order to setup your website you need to purchase a domain name and hosting. You can order both from our home page: http://www.blacknight.com/

Please be aware if you want to order a .IE domain name you need to provide additional information to complete the registration, for example, if you are registering a .IE for business purposes you will need to provide your registered business number.

Regards,

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkywolf

Ok. I'm going with .com anyway. I do hope that one day i can start making a bit of money off it, but it's not intended to be a personal site, I don't need a registered business number for that do I?

Also, what storage space would you suggest for a site that covers mainly webcomics and reviews?

Hi,

In that case you dont need to provide a registered business number :)

A Minimus plan (http://www.blacknight.com/minimus-hosting.html) should be fine however if you need to upgrade at anytime that wont be a problem.

Regards,

Niamh.

Wow, thank you.

I'll get right on that.

• Advertisement

Your more than welcome :)

Advertisement