Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of tanks, who's paying?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

As a free to play player I was just curious how many people have subscribed, and who's playing for free.

I'm happily maxing out my BT2 and crew, as going further up the ranks seems like a long grind. Just got to affording the next tank up for 90,000 silver, so I may push on a bit, but it took quite a while, so just sticking where I am at the moment.

but anyway, poll attached.

subscriber type 22 votes

I play and pay
    0% 0 votes
    I play for free
    63% 14 votes
    I intend to play and pay
    27% 6 votes
    I intend to play for free
    0% 0 votes
    No Tanks!
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I went €50 worth of gold (€30 of which went on the longer term pay off of the Lowe). Any other MMO would normally charge that for basic client licence alone, so it's still better value than most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pay and play since day 1; I'm probably spending 20 EUR a month (10 premium, 10 free exp transfers) but it depends were my interest is. Currently because I wanted to get up to a HE using US arty for example I spent more gold for free exp (to skip a few ranks in the arty tree); the month before I spent only on premium account etc.

For the time I put in it is cheap entertainment and honestly 20 a month is not even a night out in drinks these days :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I gave them the $100 for the 'heavy pack' pre-release. I spent enough time on Beta, it seemed right to pay them a bit to say 'thanks'.

Then I met the CEO, and he gave me some 30k gold for free. So I won't be paying for a few months yet.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Manic - if you bump into him again, send him my way!

I spend €20 per month. Its my guilty pleasure. Gets me the months premium, and a couple of grand to convert free XP and buy gold items.

Advertisement