Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student grant application

Options
  • 04-07-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

this is my first year applying for college as a mature student can someone tell me what paperwork exactly is needed for each of these for the grant

1. proof of living indepentently / esb original
    2. documentry evidence of nationality /birth cert will do this
    3. " " for proof of residency /esb bill will do
    4. " " for income from employment /p60 and p45
    5. " " for changes in circumstances/letter from SW to say you'll be gettin BTEA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

>proof of living indepentently

I wondered this too, I concluded that having utilities bills like ESB in your name would prove its YOUR residence and you are not living on some one elses dollar, aka you are "living independently"

so a ESB bill (they want otiginals I assume, so lets hope you weren't suckered into online billing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Proof of Independent Living: You need to prove independent residency from 1st October prior to entry to your course, so if you start first year this Sept. you need to show you have been living independently since 1st October 2010 right up to starting College. utility bills i.e. ESB, Gas, TV Licence, Registration with Private Residency Tenancy Board, Bank Statements, official documents showing your name and address.
    Proof of Residency in Ireland for 3 of last 5 years prior to entry to college: so from September 2006 you need to produce documents proving you were in Ireland for a period of 3 years out of 5 i.e. P60s, P21, Utility bills, social welfare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

If you got a grant before as a dependant on parents, you have to be three years out of college before you can re-apply as a mature student.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnaDUN

ok, this is a bit long but here goes...

In section B2, documentary evidence of nationality includes a "national identity card". Would a garda age card suffice for this? If so, would i have to enclose the actual card or could i use a photocopy instead, and would this photocopy have to be certified? I also have a foreign birth registration certificate and certified copy of passport but would prefer to include as much documentation as possible.

In section B2, evidence of sitting the leaving cert is required. If the leaving cert results are used, is it necessary to use the original copy or would a photocopy be acceptable?

Also, what are the specifications, if any, for the letter from the principal of the school which i attended? Must it be written on paper with the school letter head, and if the principal of my school is unavailable, would the letter still be valid if signed by another member of staff e.g. the school secretary?

Finally, in section B2, utility bills and social welfare statements are named as documentary evidence. If these are in the name of my parents but clearly stating what can i prove through bank and garda correspondance addressed to me specifically is my home address, can they be used as documentary evidence that i resided in ireland for three of the last five years, or must the utility bills/social welfare statements be specifically addressed to me

Also, must these bills or statements span three years or would one suffice?

Advertisement