Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What percentage ranges are B1 B2... etc?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Just wondering purely out of interest how do grades like B1 B2 translate to percentage ranges? (e.g a D1 is from 40-45% or whatever) I know grades are calculated by qca in UL but I like reverting back to the old school way sometimes lol..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

Depends on the module. Some modules are at the lecturer's discretion (ie they can mark by the bell curve).
    Kemmy Business school are the only ones who release their bands, which are:
    80+% A1
    75 - 79% B1
    70 - 74% B2
    and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kpop

I know this is the grade translation for the csis department

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Punk freuds info above is wrong, 75-79% is an A2 in the kemmy

Dunston wrote: »
    Punk freuds info above is wrong, 75-79% is an A2 in the kemmy
    Nope, this was the first year of the system. Before that, then the system was like what you were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Nope, this was the first year of the system. Before that, then the system was like what you were saying.

By your reckoning then there is no A2 grade in Kemmy's grade system...I cant imagine that thats true? :confused:

Did you make a mistake perhaps?

• Advertisement

Ah, yes! I was so blinded by me thinking I was right to even think about re-reading my post. My apologies, there should be an A2 as 75-79%, then a B1...

Sorry Dunston!

Advertisement