Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's characters and eccentrics

• 04-07-2011 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Waterford has had some some queer folk down through the years. Some just funny characters and others just plain bonkers. Heres the ones I know of:

How-do man - old geezer who goes around saying how do to passers by. Hilarious. Always around the library and barronstrand st.

Shammy - Now dead. He used to go around talking truckers CB slang all the time 10-4 10-4. Dead a while now. From around ferrybank. He was found dead in a shed a while back.

Tramore road man: Allways sitting on a deckchair near the halfway house on the tramore rd, with a pile of dutch gold and cider cans beside him. Always pissed and laughing/shouting at passing cars. Sometimes wearing alternately; a santa suit, full camoflage or more usually a hi vis get-up.

Neo - a lunatic going around ferrybank usually with a shaved head, and with sunglasses and black trenchcoat. GF said he used to be in McDonalds in town after a night out and they used to send him upstairs to the jacks to find agent smith. Nutter. I think he's moved onto some other style now.

There was a crazy bum that used to live behind argos/Mcdonalds in the carpark, hold up in the arches under the old city walls.

Also the guy in Larkins(i think) butcher shop. This place hasn't sold a piece of meat in 20 yrs but yer man still opens the old fashioned shop every day and the city's older folk call in for a chat. It was in the paper at one stage, and a cutting of it is taped to the shop window. Interesting.

Anyone remember any of these geezers and are there any others out there???

Comments

Advertisement