Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Smartphone

• 04-07-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to change my phone soon.
    I'm wanting to stay with meteor.
    I currently have a SE W995 and would be looking for something similar in a smartphone.

I'm deciding between getting the SE Xperia X10 now soon or waiting till I get some more dough and getting the SE Xperia Arc.

Has anyone any experience with either of these phones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

if the x10 is free on a really low. . . .actually, is the x10 still available?

just save and go for the arc if you're dead set on a SE. It's a good phone no matter what some here might say ("it's only single core. ..bla bla"). also iirc SE have just released an update that has "facebook inside" which I can only assume will function similar to the htc facebook integration. its the best smartphone camera available imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

theteal wrote: »
    if the x10 is free on a really low. . . .actually, is the x10 still available?

just save and go for the arc if you're dead set on a SE. It's a good phone no matter what some here might say ("it's only single core. ..bla bla"). also iirc SE have just released an update that has "facebook inside" which I can only assume will function similar to the htc facebook integration. its the best smartphone camera available imo
    Yea the x10 is still available. Its pretty cheap too, 20 euro on the smart50 plan.

I'm not bothered about facebook. I don't and won't have an account on there.
    I've had 4 SE's as my last phones, no problems with them. Why change a good thing right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

kiddums wrote: »
    Yea the x10 is still available. Its pretty cheap too, 20 euro on the smart50 plan.

I'm not bothered about facebook. I don't and won't have an account on there.
    I've had 4 SE's as my last phones, no problems with them. Why change a good thing right?

If you going on the smart50 plan why don't ye get the SE Arc for 70e. When you buy online you get the monthly bill for 40e. I bought the Arc last week and very impressed with it

Link: https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

If you going on the smart50 plan why don't ye get the SE Arc for 70e. When you buy online you get the monthly bill for 40e. I bought the Arc last week and very impressed with it

Link: https://phones.meteor.ie/bp/choose_a_plan
    My main holdback is the cost. I just don't have 70 to spare atm.
    I do want to avail of the online offer tho and get the smart50 for 40 a month.
    If I don't get that I'll be looking at other networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Don't get the SE X10. It's just a crappy phone all round if I being honest (check reviews online). If I were you I'd just save up that 70E and get the Arc. Much better phone and has probably the second best camera in a phone (Nokia N8 is better).

• Advertisement
Advertisement