Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA set up

• 04-07-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I have a FTA setup at the moment which works great, however I was wondering is there a way to hook this up to the prewired tv points in a duplex.
    As it stands the dish is at the back of the hose as is the sitting room. So no problems there, however our bedroom is in the front of the house, running the cable over the roof is out as there is an apartment above us. The junction box is also in the front.

Any thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Trace the cable from the tv point in the bedroom to where it finishes,simply join that to a cable from the dish using proper joiners and f-connectors.

What I did was remove the tv socket on the wall and removed the connector at the back completely and ran the cable straight through the hole in the centre to avoid signal loss,it looks perfect and there's no plugs and sockets to come loose.

Advertisement