Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-line Readings

Options
  • 04-07-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Recently I have had two online readings, both got my situtation to a tee however both gave me completely opposite outcomes!!

The one I want as in the answer I wanted, I belieive least; as it is most improabale but she was 100% sure in what she was saying.

The one I didn't want but which is more likely was also fairly definate.

Considering they were both spot on about the situation I'm in and how I'm feeling about things how do I figure out whose right without just waiting (I know I'm asking an impossible question here)

I gave neither any information about myself or the situation. The reason I had two is I wanted to confirm the first answer I got. Now I'm back to square one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

lol I can't help laughing for when someone gets struck in such situation it becomes even more terrible time for him than before. I guess you better stop thinking about and just try to focus on the suggestions by them to avoid any bad and gain any possible good. Hope that helps! Try to enjoy your life by living every moment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

As someone who has done on-line readings myself, I can tell you that it does seem to be a bit harder when the person isn't in the room. Not impossible, just a bit harder; that said if both readers got the situation exactly the same but you got two different outcomes; my guess is that the situation has not been full decided or resolved.

You should find someone who will do what my teacher called "The Two Path" reading; where using whatever divination tool the reader is comfortable with, they do sets of readings. You concentrate on which outcome is which, but the reader doesn't know until its all over. In my case, for example, I'd put cards down and read them to you and then re-do the cards and re-do the reading. I don't know which choice is which so I can't interfere with the outcome and really nearly can you, very much.

Of course, this style works best with either or questions (do I take this job offer or that one?) and is not really very helpful for totally intuitive readers (ones whose gifts rely totally on picking up impressions without tools) though a good one could still probably manage it.

Sometimes the cards are almost exactly same, indicating the decision is yours but there are other problems/situations going on that will follow you no matter which path you take.

My gut level feeling though is that your case may be one of things not yet determined. The choices may not even be yours, which can make the future very muddy; sometimes I just have to tell clients "I'm sorry, but things have just not resolved themselves yet so the future pathways are unclear," That's not a fudge, that's just the honest truth. If you don't believe the future is absolutely fixed, than the actions of yourself and others can change a current, most likely future path and morph it into something else.

The best thing in those circumstances is to wait a couple of weeks to a month (or even days if the issue is very time sensitive) and get another reading (or even read for yourself) and see if anything new comes up. Sometimes it doesn't for months and suddenly it does break; life is like that too and the cards reflect it. Other times the log jams of uncertain cards break up almost right away, as soon as whatever needed to happen does and the future becomes easier to read again.

Hope that helps,
    Melodi

PS - I forgot to mention, there's a third option; if you really badly want something to turn out a certain way and you have a very empathic reader, they may pick up on that, even in an on-line reading. No honest reader would spin things the way you want on purpose, but when your dealing with impressions, hopes, fears and emotions for someone you are reading for, sometimes it can influence the outcome by accident. This is why many people (including me) find it harder to read for those we love or are close to, at least on certain situations. Because if the outcome is not the desired one, it may be hard for us to see and/or the emotions of our friend or family member may confuse our "gifts" by inadvertent means (especially if the client/friend is thinking something like "oh please let Tommy love me, oh please let Tommy love me"...etc..even if it isn't being said out loud at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

Thanks Melodi, that was a really detailed and helpful answer.

Just out of curiosity, do you think on-line or person-to-person readings are better. I always feel that in a person to person reading, that your body language and facial expressions can give alot away even when you try not to. That was why I tried the on-line reading this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I'm glad the explanations helped and I'm happy to muse on your next question.

In my experience, there are both advantages and disadvantages to both types of readings (we'll include phone readings as on-line readings, since both are not with the client in the room).

The advantages of on-line readings are: long distant readings are possible, without having to write letters like they did in the old days. You have direct contact verbally or in writing with the client, but as you point out, you can't see them. This is both good in someways, but not so helpful in others and some of that depends on what you are after in your reading.

Your correct, a good intuitive reader will pick up clues from a persons voice and body language. If you are mostly interested in purely psychic information, they may indeed prove a distraction. There's nothing wrong with that sort of reading, the sort where you know for certain that anything the reader tells you has to come from somewhere outside themselves (or at least you) because they can't really pick up anything except your typing (or voice).

But if what you are after is a fuller session, perhaps dealing with a confusing dream "what is my Spirit Guide/the Universe trying to tell me?" or a matter of the heart, "I love my Mother, but should I keep living in her house?" you may want the reader to have every tool she can use to help sort it out. I see nothing wrong with that including the deliberate or accidental reading of body language, responses and even reactions from the client; as long as the goal is helping the client sort out the issue at hand (as opposed to using it to either tell them what they want to hear or worse scam them for more money).

To be honest, when I first took an on-line reading job six or seven years ago, I was wondering my gift would still "work" without being able to see the person. Because even I wasn't sure how much of my gift was an empath reading emotions and how much really was psychic pick up. After years of happy results, I now know that (in my case at least) it is possible to do both; the on-line readings provide a nice sense of "distance" for people uncomfortable speaking about something in person; but the face to face readings can sometimes make it easier when they do.

Just like the thread on reading for friends and loved ones, there are no certain answers here; my personal favorite is personal live readings but much of the time that isn't possible or practical.

Buy my experience is that most people looking for a reading are looking to either resolve a situation or in hopes that a situation will resolve. Anything that a good reader can do to help that happen (or even help prepare the person if the situation looks dicey) I think is a good thing.

Another thing about live readings (if you can get one) is that sometimes you as a client may get a stronger sense of when something feels "right" or when something feels "wrong." You need to be careful about that sort of things, especially if what is "right" is what is what you want to happen anyway, but if you have a negative gut reaction to something; I'd go with it. You may not want to walk out of the reading, if you've paid for it, but you can file the information in that part of your brain marked "maybe, need to think about that," and get another opinion later (and/or look at your own cards).

Hope that helps some more,
    Melodi

• Registered Users Posts: 23 annie06

Hi Little lady,
    I would love to get a online reading. Would you mind telling who/where you got them from and which one was the best in your opinion?
    Thanx

• Advertisement

annie06 wrote: »
    Hi Little lady,
    I would love to get a online reading. Would you mind telling who/where you got them from and which one was the best in your opinion?
    Thanx

PMed you

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭C2

Hi Little lady,
    Thanx

PMed you

Me too if you wouldn't mind Little Lady!

C2 wrote: »
    Me too if you wouldn't mind Little Lady!

PMed you too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Me too, pleeassse :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Jeez guys rather than just bumping the thread with 'meeeeetoooooo' please just pm the person who said they had the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 CelineOC

Hi Little lady,
    Thanx

PMed you

Hi could you please give me the details of were you got ur online reading thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Lexxie

Hi guys! Would ye reccomend the online reading?? Sounds interesting, would love to hear some feedback. Also could someone PM me contact details for an online reading. Thanks.

Advertisement