Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Lives - Paul Crawford

• 04-07-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I see that Paul Crawford has decided to support Mark Heffernan's Changing Lives initiative (whatever exactly that is). I find it hard to believe that Crawford has any motive other than tryring to save his own skin. Anyone know more about this or exactly what Changing Lives is all about?

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

You'd be very naive to believe Paul Crawford is a reformed character. His 5 year old nephew was shot with a bullet with his name on it just a month before his brother was murdered, why didn't he turn his back on his life of crime then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Jigga wrote: »
    You'd be very naive to believe Paul Crawford is a reformed character. His 5 year old nephew was shot with a bullet with his name on it just a month before his brother was murdered, why didn't he turn his back on his life of crime then?

Good question, pity the Sunday World forgot to put it to him. Maybe if he goes lecturing kids in Limerick, one of them will ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Everyone deserves a second chance guys. We won't be long finding out anyway if it is all bulls**t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Fair play to him I wish him well, I don't think he would be going public about it if he didn't mean it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

These 2 guys are talking total bull

Yes Mark Heffernan did put away gang members but the only reason he did because he got in too deep with laundering money for the McCarthy/Dundons in the nightclub,he is far from a hero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

Truly, The Leopard Can Change His Shorts.

Tbh though i think this is a ploy. If he helps the Guards with nabbing other gangs, it leaves him in a powerful position. He could easily then change back to his old ways and take control. We should be wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

bigpink wrote: »
    These 2 guys are talking total bull

Yes Mark Heffernan did put away gang members but the only reason he did because he got in too deep with laundering money for the McCarthy/Dundons in the nightclub,he is far from a hero

any evidence to back up this claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Saw a poster today with Limerick FCs crest on it, are they getting involved with these two lads too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike kelly wrote: »
    any evidence to back up this claim?

Michael Bridgeman was one of his "business" partners in the West nightclub in Newcastlewest. A few other well known Limerick names were also involved in that club.

Things went badly at the club and there were money issues, and only then did Heffernan kind of go to the Gardai, and even after he went to the Gardai his story changed a few times in terms of who he claimed was threatening him.

I see on a few sites that there are a few parents who have started questioning his tactics at Hill celtic football club. Seems a number of promising kids have been approached to join the club and offered cash signing on fees, lots of fancy sports gear and gym membership if they join, with some of the kids being offered the deals without parents being present.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

Saw a poster today with Limerick FCs crest on it, are they getting involved with these two lads too??
    Limerick are involved in a lot of community work, including going in to the prisons coaching etc so I wouldn't take too much notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

diol07 wrote: »
    Limerick are involved in a lot of community work, including going in to the prisons coaching etc so I wouldn't take too much notice
    Into the prisons? That's great to hear. Still, if they're associated with Heffernan that can't be a good thing. Especially with the markets field on the way.

Advertisement