Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord bi approved..Whats involved?.

• 04-07-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Lads and ladys are any of ye bord bia approved,do ye know whats involved in it and are the rules and inspections very strict,im thinking about it but im not sure about all the red tape..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

yes I am for lamb,
    I found it very fair he was interested in the paper work flock register and vet documents, plus he had a wander around the yard and look at the stock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

ye we are for beef... he looked at feed dockets , herd register , sheds , medical cabinet, had a look a t the cattle too... took about 2 hours to do 2 herds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

dasheriff wrote: »
    Lads and ladys are any of ye bord bia approved,do ye know whats involved in it and are the rules and inspections very strict,im thinking about it but im not sure about all the red tape..

What does Bord Bia approved mean exactly?

I think I remember seeing Bord Bia approved pork & bacon product being marketed during the dioxin crisis as "containing no product of Irish origin"

LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LostCovey wrote: »

I think I remember seeing Bord Bia approved pork & bacon product being marketed during the dioxin crisis as "containing no product of Irish origin"

LC

Sign cheque and give them cheque.:pac: Its a quality scheme (not the strictest in the world and I heard on the grapevine they have encouraged inspectors to loosen it). Technically if you have a farm in Brazil you could raise your beef on the Bord Bia Beef Standard, pay Bord Bia to inspect, if you pass you can use the Bord Bia symbol without the tricolour, Thats how you spot the NI chicken in Tesco. Bord Bia seem to be marketing it as a wonder standard and away to identify Irish produce(kind of like the UK tractor symbol) but its not as strong as they claim it to be, could be major egg on face if something happens, Hopefully nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

Ah right not too bad so, if iv all the paper work together i should be ok..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

LostCovey wrote: »

LC

think that was dairygold bacon products.

They were allowed use the logo as long as they used a relatively high percentage of irish product in it, said they needed to import to smooth out supply issues (and it did no harm for keeping manners on their own pig suppliers)

Made a joke of the pork and bacon scheme anyway, dont know about the beef ones.

dasheriff wrote: »
    Ah right not too bad so, if iv all the paper work together i should be ok..
    the guy we had was looking for a box for the syringes and needles - the used ones in the medical shed , asked for it both times he was here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

whelan1 wrote: »
    the guy we had was looking for a box for the syringes and needles - the used ones in the medical shed , asked for it both times he was here

Can't argue against him, but it's hardly the big picture.

the op did ask what the inspection entailed , its just one of the little things that some people wouldnt have! we do !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

we were inspected a few weeks ago, I wasn't here but the OH said yer man was sticky enough
    as mentioned ^^^ plus
    went through herd register /animal remedies and flock register/ movement permits in depth, asked her to turn in some ewes to check the tags, she told him the dogs don't work for her, he then checked them in the field with field glasses
    a few of the cows were missing a tag and he commented on this she showed him some replacement tags and he asked why they weren't tagged,

asked to see the safety statement, and receipts to show that the dogs had been worm dosed, he also asked for the map of the farm yard showing the rodent bait points

• Advertisement
Advertisement