Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon buying book depository...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

That's terrible for competition, pretty much completely moved my book buying to bookdepository, their free delivery makes the prices hard to beat.

Last book I ordered, €5.88 delivered on bookdepository:
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/****-up-Arthur-Nersesian/9780671027636

Just checking for comparison, on amazon.co.uk, it's a short paperback and would've cost me €14! (£7.19 + £4.98 P&P = £12.17)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/****-up-Arthur-Nersesian/dp/0671027638

Hope the regulators can do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Yes, the book prices on TBD were just amazing. Free delivery too! I hope this does not mean bad news for the excellent prices!

I'd better order a whole load more books so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That sucks! Loved the prices on TBD and you couldn't beat free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Nooooo, I need Free Delivery, buying anything on Amazon is such a pain because of it. I am also not happy...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw on Twitter today that they intend to continue as an independent operation - but only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

dudara wrote: »
    I saw on Twitter today that they intend to continue as an independent operation - but only time will tell.

Hopefully this is true. Damn Amazon's eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

eamor wrote: »
    Have posted over on online buying also.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0704/amazon-business.html

Not happy :(

Me not happy either:( I love book depository.

Hopefully its not the first step in a diabolical plot to reduce books available online, and force us onto Kindle.:eek:
    Damn their evil plans for world domination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I hope to god this is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

As in start up a new business under a different name, or keep operating as The Book Depository while being owned by Amazon?

I guess it makes sense for Amazon. First limit the competition, then up the prices (or as someone posted above: try and force people to use the kindle. Even more profit for Amazon that way).

• Advertisement
Advertisement