Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nitrates

• 04-07-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

i give my bull {legally} to a lad close by that has only five cows in return he has excess grass and lets me run a few dry cows (3) on his forty acres .he is in reps and does not want to get into leaseing etc as to much bother ....likes the bottle sort .but i am wondering if there is anything i do re nitrtaes always seems to be border line 170 ... told i can t export slurry to him as i am out of reps and i buy grass for my winter feeding privately elsewhere without maps.

any ideas bar selling stock as i kinda have my system setup .also don t want to move cattle into his herd as pedigrees and need stock for paperwork/herd comps

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think you can export slurry to a farm with low stocking rate, maybe try tillage farm. Reps farm usually can't take in slurry AFAIK. Lots of paperwork, and soil tests involved though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think you can export slurry to a farm with low stocking rate, maybe try tillage farm. Reps farm usually can't take in slurry AFAIK. Lots of paperwork, and soil tests involved though.

We're in REPS and can take in pig slurry. We had to submit our maps and our nitrates statement for the previous year - I think the pig farm had to fill out documents for and send off maps to the EPA. I'm sure that the same thing can be done with cattle slurry?? REPS planners around here are encouraging people to use pig slurry so that they can reduce their fertilizer costs.

Advertisement