Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot smoking on the BBQ

Options
  • 04-07-2011 5:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've finally got myself a decent Weber kettle BBQ and I'm over the moon with it. I am really looking forward to trying some hot smoking on it.

For anyone who doesn't know what this is:
    http://www.hotsmokebbq.com/

The question I have is, does anyone know where I can get my hands on oak logs in small batches. I would prefer not to buy the wood chips, they're a bit on the pricey side and not as versatile. Haven't enough room to store many logs either. I was hoping to get my hands on maye a dozen logs or so to start with and see how i get on.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be magic.

Thanks

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Timber yard?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Guill wrote: »
    Timber yard?

Do timber yards do logs? I thought they just do lengths of timber, building supplies etc...

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Try the lads selling the firewood, they mostly sell softwoods but some of em do hardwood by the bag.

Advertisement