Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to update CAO

• 04-07-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I heard I can still update my CAO by paper application.

How do I do this? Do I need to get it stamped by someone, if so by who should it be stamped.

I know I can't do it online anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

First I've heard of this. I though July 1st was the absolute deadline for all changes?

Check your CAO handbook, or their website and if that doesn't shed any light then drop them an email or give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You can't.. only re applicants from college can apply by paper now.. it's closed for 6th years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

karaokeman wrote: »
    I heard I can still update my CAO by paper application.

How do I do this? Do I need to get it stamped by someone, if so by who should it be stamped.

I know I can't do it online anymore.

1st of July is final deadline for all Leaving Cert applicants. To be fair you've had more than 6 months, there has to be a cut off at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Don't take my word for it, but I heard something about a 7 day change or something. I saw this on facebook, and I know the person who wrote it wouldn't have written it as a joke, but she said

"for anyone who screwed up their change of mind form, you can change it upto 7 days after they post it out to you!! that just about saved my life "

No need to reply saying I'm wrong, just saying what I heard, so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm fairly sure you can't change it after the 1st of July...but it'd be a good idea to contact the CAO and ask ASAP in case there's some late Change of Mind date or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

brian93 wrote: »
    Don't take my word for it, but I heard something about a 7 day change or something. I saw this on facebook, and I know the person who wrote it wouldn't have written it as a joke, but she said

"for anyone who screwed up their change of mind form, you can change it upto 7 days after they post it out to you!! that just about saved my life "

No need to reply saying I'm wrong, just saying what I heard, so I'm not sure.

I haven't heard that but I would imagine that it's for things that are actually wrong, such as the computer getting the order wrong or not picking up that you changed it! I don't think it could be used as a change of mine option.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I don't think it could be used as a change of mine option.

Maybe, you're probably right. I'd say people who got their forms back and they were wrong. OP, I'd advise you to call the CAO if you're really stuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I think this is what that facebook post is referring to:

From the CAO website:
    If you make a change of mind, you will receive a revised Statement of Course Choices to confirm that your new course choices have been entered into your computer record.
    The revised statement will NOT be issued BEFORE 1st June.
    If it does not arrive by 7th July, you MUST contact us immediately, and provide proof of the submission of the Change of Mind.
    It is very important that your course choices should be absolutely correct. Therefore, if you are going to be absent at the time when the revised statement is due, you must arrange for someone to check that it arrives and, when it arrives, that the contents are correct and accurately reflect your wishes.
    DO NOT WAIT UNTIL AUGUST TO NOTIFY US OF ERRORS OR OMISSIONS AS IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM AT THAT STAGE.

It would appear that you cannot change your mind after July 1st. However, if you did change your mind before then and you still haven't received confirmation of the change, then you must get on to the CAO about it and they must have proof of change of mind. It's not a free for all.

Word of Warning: Take your information from the CAO website and not from what people post on Facebook. Just because it's on Facebook it doesn't mean it's true.

Advertisement