Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auld Mr Brennan is building a new playground in....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They are not building a new playground.

The are repairing/upgrading the current playground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Beer Baron wrote: »
    They are not building a new playground.

The are repairing/upgrading the current playground.

A playground that is hands down one of the best in the city!

I'm originally from the area and I for one think its a joke that its getting an upgrade!
    There are many many other areas around the whole country that are more in need of playgrounds and other facilities than Moyross!

So in a couple of months, they'll have a renovated playground, A lovely community centre, a health centre, a community creche, and even a credit union!
    And thats not taking into account the other facilities available in the area! Just those within 50yds of the playground!
    Oh wait, those things are all already there ;)

Only thing they'll need in a few months then is people to use them ;)
    Because with all the houses being knocked down and families moved to other area's........How long before there is no need at all for a playground there?
    As it stands apart from the playgroup's going there from the community creché it is very under utilised anyway.
    Any sense of community spirit has long deserted the place,apart from a few dedicated people down there who always try their level best to get some good going there......it is long gone!
    But to those People who pushed and prodded to get everyone voting, Well done!
    I hope your neighbours realise how much ye want to live in a neighbourhood and have that sense of community again!
    Enjoy the playground!

Oh come. It's a deprived area or didn't you know.

Well, deprived when "they" want something of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

banie01 wrote: »
    A playground that is hands down one of the best in the city!

I'm originally from the area and I for one think its a joke that its getting an upgrade!
    There are many many other areas around the whole country that are more in need of playgrounds and other facilities than Moyross!

So in a couple of months, they'll have a renovated playground, A lovely community centre, a health centre, a community creche, and even a credit union!
    And thats not taking into account the other facilities available in the area! Just those within 50yds of the playground!
    Oh wait, those things are all already there ;)

Only thing they'll need in a few months then is people to use them ;)
    Because with all the houses being knocked down and families moved to other area's........How long before there is no need at all for a playground there?
    As it stands apart from the playgroup's going there from the community creché it is very under utilised anyway.
    Any sense of community spirit has long deserted the place,apart from a few dedicated people down there who always try their level best to get some good going there......it is long gone!
    But to those People who pushed and prodded to get everyone voting, Well done!
    I hope your neighbours realise how much ye want to live in a neighbourhood and have that sense of community again!
    Enjoy the playground!

It's interesting to see how Moyross is now. I personally don't see the point in rebuilding Moyross, top class facilities or not. We should focus on having a much smaller Moyross, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Talked to a few of the locals about this. Response was "sure there is nothing wrong with the one that we have, except the fact that nobody uses it because of all the hassle down there."

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    Talked to a few of the locals about this. Response was "sure there is nothing wrong with the one that we have, except the fact that nobody uses it because of all the hassle down there."

I didn't bother voting for it. Although council property I would have thought that Clare Street park would have been a better option.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I didn't bother voting for it. Although council property I would have thought that Clare Street park would have been a better option.

I loved that park when I was a kid. It had everything! Monkey-bars, ladders, fire-man's pole, see-saws. I think most of those are gone now. Too much of an insurance risk. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If only Bakeries all over Limerick could be persuaded to please turn the sorry state of the City around.......

- Perhaps they should merge Limerick City Council with the County Council and Johnston, Mooney and O'Brien?

Its a sad, sad joke that essential Public Services are now neglected until Companies eventually wade in for PR reasons :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

any pics of what it looks like now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

having looked at the pics, I have to be honest, I thought some of the others needed it more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement