Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Classes anywhere in Limerick?

• 04-07-2011 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Was wondering if there's any cooking classes in Limerick,
    1) What's the cost?
    2) When and where they are on
    3) What type of cuisine was thought in the class

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

A lot of places do them during the winter. The details of the classes in the booklet that comes out every year with the details of all the classes on in the city.

I've never actually done any of these classes so I can't tell you what they do in them but they cost approx €120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'd be interested in these classes too as long as you get to cook.

I've seen some classes but they're demonstration only and you're not going to learn unless you get your hands dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Call into CCL on Sexton St and ask about their night classes. I did Advanced Cookery with a lovely woman named Carmel a few years ago for my Gaisce :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I know that the Crescent Comp were doing classes but they were Demo's not actually cooking which isn't really what you want.

I went to someone out in Killaloe to learn to make different foods and I didnt realise until I got there that it was actually a Demo in someone's kitchen. Now I cant fault the woman who did the class she was/is a good cook but I wanted a cookery class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭brian2me

I know Indira Indian restaurant in Ballinacurra, used to have cooking classes if you had a group of 5 or more! not sure if they still have them.

Classes would have to be where you participate as well, good point mentioned earlier as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I know the French Table restaurant on Steamboat Quay in association with the Alliance Francaise organised classes last winter on Saturday mornings, went along to one, the food is excellent and quite easy to prepare, contact either of them and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Advertisement