Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will dundrum phase 2 construction begin?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭

i have heard no plans or talks over future constructions of the second part of the centre. does anyone have any news about it?also does anyone know what will be included in the plan, any blueprints or anything? has the owner joe oreilly and all his assets been taken by nama, and if so does that mean the centre construction wont begin for a long time or ever??ive looked it up, and the last story related to the dundrum phase 2 is in like 2008. so does anyone know- I really want to see the old centre gone its very old ,ugly and dated looking and would love to see it go, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I don't know for certain, but a lot of commercial and residential projects are on hold at the moment, probably indefinitely (or as long as the recession is here). There's a place on the Coombe that was earmarked for construction in 2008 (called Cathedral Walk) but I doubt anything's going to happen for a long time. Same with the building lot around Blackpitts.

The old shopping centre is a bit of an eyesore alright, but the new Dundrum shopping centre is ugly too (but in its own little way).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭bb1234567

haha ye they are both ugly in their own little way. but does anyone know any websites with deatils about the plans or constructions or anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Phase 2 should be banned...traffic is terrible enough round there without more congestion.

These shopping centres should be in places with massive infrastructure, not a single lane link road to the M50.

Advertisement