Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing votes on polls

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if it'd be possible to implement edits for votes on polls. It's happened to me a couple of times that I've accidentally clicked the wrong option on a poll and immediately wanted to change it. We can edit posts we've made for a week after we make them, so why not poll votes?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hi,

Just wondering if it'd be possible to implement edits for votes on polls. It's happened to me a couple of times that I've accidentally clicked the wrong option on a poll and immediately wanted to change it. We can edit posts we've made for a week after we make them, so why not poll votes?

Just to correct you there, I believe we can only edit posts for up to 48 hours after they've been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Just to correct you there, I believe we can only edit posts for up to 48 hours after they've been posted.

I pay attention :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Just PM the mod of the forum and ask them to change your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just to further clarify: If you're a forum moderator (or worse, one of those Category Moderators) then you can edit posts in the forum(s) that you moderate any time. The 48 hour window only applies if you've posted on a forum outside your moderating power.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

-Chris- wrote: »
    Just PM the mod of the forum and ask them to change your vote.
    We can do that???? :eek:

Really :eek:

You're kidding!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My sarcasm detector's in overdrive... :p

Advertisement