Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile scam cost credit?

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

if someone calls your mobile in a scam can you be charged? what value would it be to them to have you lose credit? a friend had 8 euro credit got a call and it went to zero?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

honeyvale wrote: »
    if someone calls your mobile in a scam can you be charged? what value would it be to them to have you lose credit? a friend had 8 euro credit got a call and it went to zero?

Would the value to them not be that they get the credit? I've heard of loads of people that have had their credit taken through a text that costs you money to revcieve it, I havent heard it done in a call though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 honeyvale

GarIT wrote: »
    Would the value to them not be that they get the credit? I've heard of loads of people that have had their credit taken through a text that costs you money to revcieve it, I havent heard it done in a call though.
    oh is that how it works?
    no it was a call and while on the call the caller put him on hold and he may have pressed call by mistake while on hold. would that do it if he mistakenly called the caller? But how could he call the caller? would the caller not be engaed calling him?

in one link i read that if calls come from certain countries it costs us to take them. cannot find link now

oh is that how it works?

in one link i read that if calls come from certain countries it costs us to take them. cannot find link now

Yeah, thats how it works with the texts. I think on a mobile it costs to take a call from any phone outside of the Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

GarIT wrote: »
    oh is that how it works?

Yeah, thats how it works with the texts. I think on a mobile it costs to take a call from any phone outside of the Republic of Ireland.

No. It doesn't call go receive a call unless you are the one roaming. All calls you receive while in Ireland don't cost you.

Unless you get a call from the moon. But that's charger in lunar dollars and the exchange rate is really good at the minute.

Could It have been a reverse charge call then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement