Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tue 5/7 19:15 WES1 -v- Roys Rovers

Options
  • 04-07-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Clay - hols
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - out
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - inj
    Gary - in
    Eamon - inj
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin -
    Collie - in
    Joe - in
    Dave - in
    Ed - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in..

keith can i have a drive?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Afraid not Ed, will be going from the airport straight to it and probably won't be getting there til just before kickoff

Afraid not Ed, will be going from the airport straight to it and probably won't be getting there til just before kickoff

sound, im sure ill get there, may get the luas from work...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can sort you out with a lift home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mrgavo

Good luck tonight and next week lads. Sorry I've no babysitter again and in Spain next week. Will be back for the 4 big ones then. Keep up the momentum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck tonight lads!

3-0 win, rode our luck a little in the first 10 minutes, but once settled in, fully deserved win...

not as fluent as other games ive seen, but still job done and its good to win scrappy games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh we found it hard to get into our passing rhythym and Ciaran was right when he said we need to get back to enjoying our football: at times we haven't been as composed as we might be recently and we're far, far too often trying to do too much with the first touch in the final third (myself as much as anybody). All our joy tonight came from times when someone actually took an extra touch, didn't panic, and then made a decision after having secured possession instead of trying to do it with the first touch. And people roaring for it immediately as you're receiving it just makes it harder to concentrate on taking it in.

But on the other hand, it can often be difficult to get into the passing game against teams that just lump it forward as it forces the defence back a little so opportunities to pass it out of defence are fewer. So while it wasn't a classic performance, let's not be too hard on ourselves either - we played some nice stuff at times and ground out what at 3-0 is a very good result without hitting even 4th gear.

Excellent performance both in terms of saves and distribution from Ed tonight and fair play to Joe for doing a very decent job of defending in an unfamiliar left-full position and also managing to get forward too.

Another 3 points in the bag and another 3 on the line next week and I think we all know we're at our absolute worst when we think we have a game won before we step on the pitch so I'm sure we've all learnt our lessons from last week's game in terms of taking the opposition for granted so will be laser focused next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm trying to think of the right word to describe the game from what I saw... out-of-sync I think fits best. The distribution between midfield and attack was disjointed, not many combinations and short passes worked or came off.

A major part of the game - crosses or balls into the box from the fullbacks were rare enough. The first goal came about from a foray down the wing and a cross than the interplay. I thought they dealt with having 10 men slightly better, but the game was largely over and there was no panic in holding out.

Scrappy win, but a win nevertheless

• Advertisement

While we werent as fluid as we can be we got the 3 points and that's the most important thing.

dfx- wrote: »
    I thought they dealt with having 10 men slightly better,

shi* ya, i forgot about the late cards, strange they were,nothing but handbags, he brandished yellow also, so maybe both of them are able to play next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

he didn't show any yellows, just two straight reds.

Ridiculous in my opinion that both players will get the same punishment.

Ciaran fouled the player, no doubt about it, and was going to be booked. But then the RR player stood over him and punched him, and had his clenched fists in his face, and Ciaran used his legs to get him off him.

Ref said it was a "two footed lunge" and wasn't for changing, but it's bullshít, yer man was right in Ciaran's face and Ciaran was lying on the ground, he was defending himself.

It's disgraceful from the RR player in a Social Standard division, he'd gotten his free, leave it at that.

Ciaran was basically attacked, defended himself because the ref was doing nothing, and ends up with the same punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Was away until now, great result lads!

Advertisement