Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Aldi for Waterford.

• 04-07-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Heard today that Aldi are building another store out on the dunmore rd down behind the ballinakill shopping centre beside the woodlands hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

There has been talks of that for a while.

Not sure what stages of planning it is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

That would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

4 Aldis in one fairly small city ? Like why ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Was M+S refused PP near there because it would take business out of the city?
    Or is that just a myth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

I see a new subway is opening out where the old petrol station shop was in Ardkeen shopping centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Theres no need for an Aldi there. We've got Tesco, Ardkeen Stores and the little Londis there which is just fine. Why another big grocery store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Trotter wrote: »
    Theres no need for an Aldi there. We've got Tesco, Ardkeen Stores and the little Londis there which is just fine. Why another big grocery store?

And Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

What's the new aldi in Waterford like mum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Chiparus wrote: »
    Was M+S refused PP near there because it would take business out of the city?
    Or is that just a myth?

You are not comparing like for like, Aldi are what is termed comparison shopping, M&S are a dept store.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

south wrote: »
    I see a new subway is opening out where the old petrol station shop was in Ardkeen shopping centre

Excellent :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

wellboytoo wrote: »
    You are not comparing like for like, Aldi are what is termed comparison shopping, M&S are a dept store.

I though it was clothes and electrical, rather than groceries that was comparison shopping?

Anyway you are right. Putting a M&S food shop should be allowed in the suburbs, but not an all out M&S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Trotter wrote: »

Well Aldi won't be looking at it that way and competition is always good. Tesco are raking it in as in reality they don't have any rivals out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

wellboytoo wrote: »

What are tescos then?

Waterford needs a M+S, Waterford people travel to the one in Clonmel.

Pullting another ALDI /LIDL will do nothing for the region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I often go to cork for m&s, just foor and underwear. Agree, it would do well near ardkeen stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

at least i wont have to travel as far to get me 12 galahad for 8 quid yahoo

Advertisement