Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeless mans rabbit thrown in Liffey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

All I can say is I wish the very worst for any individual who would do something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Pure and utter scum. Who could possibly justify doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    All I can say is I wish the very worst for any individual who would do something like that.
    Tempted to say he should be chucked in himself, not to drown mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Pure and utter scum. Who could possibly justify doing that?
    Same sort that would laugh and attack the homeless..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

As irritating as begging can be, I always think ' this person probably wasn't always in this position and things at home must really have gone to hell to push him/her to this lifestyle'.

The least we can do is to not treat these people as the equivalent of what you'd find on the end of your shoe. People like the aforemention scumbag what to take serious look at themselves if they think it is acceptable to kill what the poor man probably considered his friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

I hope they catch the scumbag who three the rabbit in the river and make him pay for the rescue mission as well as a hefty fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

How much do homeless people usually earn?

This should double his celery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I hate bullies. They Bugs me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Tempted to say he should be chucked in himself, and drown himself.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Some scum with nothing better to do, trying to impress someone or feel better about themselves probably! This makes me v :( that anyone would do that!
    I saw the rabbit there before as i was walking through town, so cute! :(

• Advertisement

Better yet chuck everything he owns into the Liffy, just as he did to that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davearthurs

Saw a poster for a stolen rabbit in Ranelagh only a few days ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Tehachapi

Scum! Moral outrage! etc.

*Goes off to enjoy chicken/bacon dinner*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

swim rabbit swim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Some scumbag thinking hes being funny :mad: karma and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's terrible :\

I was in the city centre last Monday and was talking to this guy, he was on the corner of Liffey Street and Mary Street/Henry Street... rabbit extremely well looked after and dog also... rabbit was munching away on lettuce as we were speaking. He's a nice bloke just down on his luck and doesn't want to get rid of his animals...

Fúcking disgrace that someone would do that to a poor defenceless animal and hope he's charged with animal cruelty...

Tehachapi wrote: »

#

Don't start that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

this kind of thing just Bugs me. what's up doc?

*coat on

terrible all the same. if you can do that you'd throw a person in river too imo.

January wrote: »
    Fúcking disgrace that someone would do that to a poor defenceless animal and hope he's charged with animal cruelty...
    +1

Especially on the part where the perpetrator should be charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lettuce all agree that whoever done that is sc*m.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i think there would be more sympathy if someone posted a thread on scoob throwing the OP's iphone into the liffey...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Fair play for jumping off O'Connell bridge into the Liffey.
    And the rabbit survived? It could have easily died as soon as it hit the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Me eating any variety of meat, even rabbit(which is tasty) is totally different than getting a homeless mans rabbit, his friend that for all we know he feeds and takes care of before he does himself, and throwing it into a river off a bridge.

Me eating any variety of meat, even rabbit(which is tasty) is totally different than getting a homeless mans rabbit, his friend that for all we know he feeds and takes care of before he does himself, and throwing it into a river off a bridge.

+100

The dog and rabbit are clearly all he has in his life and I would bet he considers them his best friends. It's a completely different to eating something farmed for consumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

We were talking about this in work, I was all ears, and somebody laughed at the story. I personally find nothing bunny about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

+100

The dog and rabbit are clearly all he has in his life and I would bet he considers them his best friends. It's a completely different to eating something farmed for consumption.

..or shooting for pleasure

+100

If it's the animal's welfare which concerns people, there really isn't a huge world of difference when you think about it. Meat eating isn't necessary any more so it's a selfish luxury. If someone like me can be vegan for many years and in great health it just proves this. Before you reply - THINK for a moment about what you are saying.

So long as what is being sympathized is the companionship between the homeless man and his rabbit - rather than the welfare of the animal itself then I'm fine with that.

• Advertisement

Disgusting, cowardly, act. I wish we had a system were we could do the same to the scumbag that did this.

I am curious though, why does the homeless guy start fighting with the lads on the boat toward the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The rabbit man should have been dumped back into the liffey considering the show of "gratefulness" he gave to the rescue services. Rabbit should be found a home.

The homeless guy is clearly as much of a d1ck as the guy who threw the rabbit in in the 1st place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

He looked so vulnerable on the ledge.

Disgusting, cowardly, act. I wish we had a system were we could do the same to the scumbag that did this.

I am curious though, why does the homeless guy start fighting with the lads on the boat toward the end?

Maybe he was afraid they'd take his pets too? Or he'd get into trouble himself for what happened?

If it's the animal's welfare which concerns people, there really isn't a huge world of difference when you think about it. Meat eating isn't necessary any more so it's a selfish luxury. If someone like me can be vegan for many years and in great health it just proves this. Before you reply - THINK for a moment about what you are saying.

Please don't preach to me. I have no problem with vegan/vegitarian lifestyles and I'd rather not derail the thread with this topic.

Those pets are all that man has and to try and take them from him is dispicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

His dog is still on the bridge and the dinghy is taking him somewhere else. He was trying to get them to turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Is this fur real? Poor wabbit came within a whisker of drowning. Hopping mad at that scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The rabbit looked like he was on burrowed time for a while there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Rabbit's got a good owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Didnt want to be taken too far from his dog I would imagine, as it was still on the bridge. Can't say I've seen him there before, but then again I dont walk over that bridge alot. Good to see they are all ok.

Heartless cnutbags whoever threw the rabbit in the river.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It could have been worse, at least it wasn't Elmer Fudd throwing his rabbit into the Liffey.

In any case, it's not cool to do that to a wee rabbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

The cops have just released a sketch of the suspect.

http://www.dailyfreegames.com/wallpaperfiles/size3/elmer-fudd_01_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Didnt want to be taken too far from his dog I would imagine, as it was still on the bridge. Can't say I've seen him there before, but then again I dont walk over that bridge alot. Good to see they are all ok.

Heartless cnutbags whoever threw the rabbit in the river.
    I think he was asking to go back to the dog . I found it so touching how he cuddles the rabbit and hold him tight . A far gentler soul than he who threw it in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hopping mad at that scumbag.

^ that's my favourite of the puns!

Whoever did that is a horribly bad person. Glad to see they both came out ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Not to drown maybe, but a Great White Shark loitering in the Liffey at the time would be a nice thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I deffo think we should set aside an island for these scum like these and let them live/rot on the island in any way they want .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

They went to land him on the southside.
    "I'm Northside till I die Bud"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Nasty cnut throwing the rabbit in but at least the hobo got a decent wash along with his clothes

He wont earn much in the near future looking all spic and span like.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I never liked that Jack Black...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

I deffo think we should set aside an island for these scum like these and let them live/rot on the island in any way they want .

Very harsh....homeless people have feelings too ,you know:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Whoever did this is a complete b*****d. Something similar happened in Limerick last year. An elderly man who plays the tin whistle on the street (not actually homeless AFAIK but anyway) had a Jack Russell who he was devoted to. He was there one day when a couple of scumbags just grabbed the dog and ran off with him. Poor old man was heartbroken. He was on local radio and newspapers appealing for the return of the dog as he said he was his best friend. I'm open to correction, but I don't think he ever got him back :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement