Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casting call for film shooting in Blackpool...

Options
  • 04-07-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Posting this for a friend (already posted in one of the film forums in a thread for casting calls specifically, but hopefully the mods will let me post it here given the Cork slant)

CASTING CALL:
    I’m looking for an actor to play a main part along with myself for an MA project I’m doing in London. I’m filming it in Cork between the 15th-23rd/24th of August. Unfortunately as with most small projects it is unpaid but you will get a copy of the movie within a few weeks - it’s going to look pretty professional as it has to meet certain standards for the University. After its marked and everything I’ll be looking to enter it into next year’s Cork Film Festival so I’m looking to get some exposure of the film, hopefully I’ll try and get this thing on IMDB as well.

The character is a guy called Rochey and he’s aged between 19-27 but him and his friend still drink everyday by the 99 steps (in Blackpool). He’s a character, along with his friend, that thinks he’s really cool but in fact they are the opposite, they’re also not the brightest sparks. They wear tracksuits and caps but no rings or piercings (as they’re not that mad heh heh). These guys are caricatures of the Cork Sham so it’s a pretty slapstick script. Think a kind of a sham/scobe/etc. I’m looking for someone who has a thick cork accent or someone who can do a convincing thick Cork accent. This character is pretty much in every scene so whoever gets the part will need to be able to commit to the shooting dates as I’m only in Ireland for these dates and can only use the equipment, etc. on these dates.

AUDITION DATES:
    Tuesday 19th of July 5 – 8
    Wednesday 20th of July 5 – 8
    The venue is TBC it’ll either be in South Parish or Firkin Crane. I will be allocating 15 minute slots for each person who is looking to audition. If you could email me your interest and I’ll allocate your time slots with the venue to follow. You can email me at ali.keane1@gmail.com
    Please remember that whoever gets the part needs to be available for the dates specified for filming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

There is an Al G wannabe known down these parts by the name of Grandmaster Cash who would be perfect for the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

We only want authentic talent that has not been through the extensive training Grandmaster Cash has had, such as his time on X Factor and the mentoring provided by S. Cowell.:pac:

(You're welcome to apply if reading C.)

tommy21 wrote: »
    We only want authentic talent that has not been through the extensive training Grandmaster Cash has had, such as his time on X Factor and the mentoring provided by S. Cowell.:pac:

(You're welcome to apply if reading C.)
    Cashy is quite funny having seen him in action once or twice and a top lad.

Show Time wrote: »
    Cashy is quite funny having seen him in action once or twice and a top lad.

Sure "Showtime" ;)

tommy21 wrote: »
    Sure "Showtime" ;)
    The odd funny thing is i use to drink up the hundred steps about twenty two years ago.:)

• Advertisement

Hope the mod won't mind a quick bump, as the date grows near!

Advertisement