Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments for rent, not for sale

Options
  • 04-07-2011 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there - just reading through some threads there and would like to ask opinions, particularly any of ye who are renting out apartments but really looking to trade up to a house etc...
    I am an FTB looking to buy a 2 bed apt as a permanent home - no plans to ever trade up etc.
    I've seen one or two i like - but seen 2 recently for rent that i'd be more interested in. They are currently not on the sale section of daft.
    So what think ye....is it worth a shot asking an estate agent to suss out if the owners would be interested in selling - should I stick up a notice as in "wanted" lol.... or is that, as I suspect, a shooting oneself in the foot scenario - having them basically come looking for big bucks. (Something I am not willing to pay)

ETA: I have mortgage approval.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

No harm in asking- some may be renting the place out because they didn;t think they could find a buyer in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You have the right approach, though you really need to get to know the agents. They will know the people who want to sell, even for property not currently on the market.

I would not try calling people cold and asking to buy their apartments. A wanted ad might work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I am surprised to hear that there is an apartment block somewhere that doesn't have any apartments for sale in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fuzzlebug

Thanks everyone for your replies. Yeah its pretty amazing TBH, out of 2 blocks, there are 2 apartments for sale and approx 5 up for rent currently.

Will try the slowly slowly approach with an agent first I think. Just take a bit of time over it. I agree, cold calling is definitely out.

Advertisement