Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centrifugal fan - How to wire?

• 04-07-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping someone can help me out with an extractor fan I have. There appears to be three images for the wiring. See scan attached from manual.

I am attaching a scan of the manual here with the wiring diagrams. If anyone can explain them that would be great. See 20, 20a and 20b. :) I'm not sure I understand why there is no earth info.

Thank you very much.

Also this is the webpage for the fan. http://www.vortice-export.com/default.aspx?idPage=313&idProdotto=141007&idCartella=72&idInsieme=&

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Its made from mostly plastic and is a insulation class 2 (double insulated, square within square symbol) device hence no requirement for earth. Its two speed , connect live to L2 for max speed, (L?)3 for min speed. 20b indicates a switch between high/low speeds. Neutral goes to N1.
    Fig 21 indicates wiring of 12966 C 1.5 ( accessory)Electronic speed controller.
    You couldn't be up to those Italians!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Thanks. I've got it wired up to max speed and running at the moment. I'm not that happy with it. The room is still fairly warm but I suppose the air coming back into the room is from under the doors etc. Maybe I should reverse it and blow cold air in from outside.

Also I'm using plastic duct. Does that reduce the effiency of the fan?

Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

I'm no expert on ventilation but there are plenty of calculators out there to work out the correct fan requirements.

Advertisement