Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation Deposit

Options
  • 04-07-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

As UCD Residences were supposed to send 2010-2011 accomodation occupants an email to get our deposit back, and no email was sent at all. I was wondering when they are going to send these mails ? I sent Glenomena's staff an email but they didn't respond.

Have they even sent them yet ? They said " In June ". Did any 2010-2011 occupant get any mail at all ?

Thank you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

MacieC wrote: »
    Hi,

As UCD Residences were supposed to send 2010-2011 accomodation occupants an email to get our deposit back, and no email was sent at all. I was wondering when they are going to send these mails ? I sent Glenomena's staff an email but they didn't respond.

Have they even sent them yet ? They said " In June ". Did any 2010-2011 occupant get any mail at all ?

Thank you,

I got nothing, and I lived in Merville so it's defo not just Glenomena and you defo aren't on your own. It's annoying I could really do with having that money back! Gonna email the merville offices tomorrow methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stopthelights

I haven't got anything either! They actually are so dis-organised up there its a disgrace.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was in Roebuck, no email yet! I've a feeling it'll be this week though. I emailed them a few weeks ago and they said they were preparing to send out the e-mails in late June / early July.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just got an email there saying we'll receive an e-mail later this week about how we can nominate a bank account to have the deposit refunded into.

They must be watching this!

The problem is bank transfers usually take a 2 or so working days to transfer so if we get the email later this week then by the time the money gets refunded it will possibly be next week! Oh well! :)

has anyone received their deposit back??

• Advertisement

Yep check your connect email. They're doing it electronically this year. You need to go into student services. They've added a new tab for electronic payment. It's actually really easy. You need to enter your bank account no. and your sort code and they'll send you whatever you're owed :)

Ye I done that on Friday but still no money in my account :rolleyes:

Ye I done that on Friday but still no money in my account :rolleyes:

Oh you meant has anyone's processed :rolleyes: Sorry. Mine still says payment processing.

I entered mine on Friday and it still says processing and haven't received the money yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I enterEd mine on Friday too . No sign of it in my account today . This process with banks usually takes three working days doesn't it ? Unless we just simply went through a delay process last Friday and they didn't actually do anything yet??

• Advertisement

Any sign yet? Dont want to be ringing up :(

Mines through today, just FYI... Check your statuses :)

Ah I see. Just not in the bank yet :) Thanks

Hi
    Anyone get payment in to their account yet ?

nope still no sign....:rolleyes:

Delay tactics ?? I hope we are not waiting for everyone to fill in their details :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

I don't think they're actually waiting for everyone to fill in their details. That would be quite unfair.

My thesis is : Depending on when you filled in the details, you are given a " number " in the transfer list order. The list starting with the first person who filled in their details and ending with the last person so doing.

Wait for your turn to come I guess :)

Or : They're waiting for all the places in all the residences to be filled up so they can give us our money back through the means of the 2011/2012 occupants' deposit.

And how are we meant to pay our deposits for this year? Its very unfair. It is our money :( Not like we are made of money or anything.

And I had my deposit paid to them of April last year as I was new student. So they should already have some deposits to pay them back.

Still no sign . Anyone get theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Still no sign . Anyone get theirs?
    Nope still waiting! :mad:

That's crazy! I got mine on the fifteenth! Couple of theories... I got my whole deposit back... without meaning to offend anyone maybe they're paying the full ones first??? Also my sir name begins with A... maybe alphabetical??? Just guessing really...

Oh and I was in Merville in case anyone is wondering...

no sign of mine either! I'm also getting the full deposit back and lived in Glenomena?:confused: very annoying seeing as I really need that money back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hi. I rang the main accommodation office about two days ago, and I was told that the deposits were released to the system on the 14th, and that it will take between 5-7 working days, for them to go back into your account. So, without counting the 14th itself, the latest it will be in your bank account would be the coming Monday, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Fingers crossed . I'm getting my whole deposit back too.

Miss Realist do you mind me asking which bank you are with ? Thinking that might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Leonid

They're crafty. When I lived on campus they deducted a small amount from the deposit, 15e or abouts, something not worth complaining about.
    If they did that with everyone they'd get quite a pretty penny.
    The flat was grand when we left it btw, cleaner than when we moved in.

No sign of mine either, was staying in Roebuck Halls and bank is Ulster Bank, SIS says that the full amount (350) has been 'paid' on the 14th.

Mine says the exact same. I'm with ulster bank too .

• Advertisement

Was it definately 350 ? I appears that 20 euro has been deducted off my payment ! Our apartment was left immaculate , well except for the microwave an international student set on fire :( remember the list of possible fines they gave, what was 20 euro on it?

Advertisement